January 2013 Moms
Options

When did your wedding rings stop fitting?

I'm only 11 (almost 12) weeks and I am already noticing that it's harder to get my rings on and off each morning/night. It is super hot here so maybe that's part of it, too, but it seems early for this to be happening. I've only gained about 5# so far (I started out underweight so I need to gain a bit more than the average) so it's not like I'm gaining too much, too fast...

Also, for those of you who could no longer wear your rings in previous pregnancies, did you buy a special chain to wear them on? Or do something else so you could continue wearing them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did your wedding rings stop fitting?

• Options
    I was 20 something weeks before they stopped fitting last time.  I bought a cheapo ring to wear.  I didn't trust it around my neck or want to do that.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was wondering this just myself yesterday. My ring is fitting pretty well so far but I'm concerned it won't fit for very long. My BFF purchased a cheap, wedding ring looking ring to wear. She said she felt odd not having anything on her finger and I'm sure I would feel the same.

We are experiencing a serious heat wave here in mid-MO and I'm worried my fingers and entire body is going to swell like crazy in the weeks to come. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Funny you should ask this today of all days. Today was the first day my rings stopped fitting! ahh! I'm only 10 weeks!
  • Options
    I was able to wear my rings all pregnancy with DS. Hopefully that's how it will be this time too. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Never. I didn't swell until after my c-section, amd it was just my feet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I think I was somewhere between 20-25 weeks. 

~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    34 or 35 weeks last time.  I have a feeling I won't be so lucky this time . . . 
    ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options
    I didn't have any swelling and wore my rig thru my whole last pregnancy :)
  • Options

imagelandosmommy:
    I was able to wear my rings all pregnancy with DS. Hopefully that's how it will be this time too. :)

Ditto!  

And I did swell quite badly post-C/S last time, but I still don't recall removing my rings... ::ponders:: It was gone in a few days.  Maybe I just left them stuck on there or maybe it was just my legs/feet that were affected.  I can't remember now.  I never removed my rings though.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I just plan to get it resized as needed.  When DH bought my ring, he bought the add-on insurance that allows me to get it resized whenever I want.  It also allows us to get it re-whitened and covers the loss of any of the diamonds as long as I have it inspected every 6 months.  It's already paid for itself since one of the small side diamonds fell out and we didn't have to pay a dime of the $600 bill to replace and fix it.  I've also had it resized down once before because I lost a lot of weight last year.  

So for me, I plan to wear my ring my whole pregnancy.  My sister on the other hand, had her first ten years ago and hasn't been able to wear her ring since!   

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    Uh oh...I never take my wedding ring off, so after reading this I just tried it and I CAN'T!  Hm, guess it's on there for good now...
  • Options
    I wore my rings the whole time with DS.  I didn't really have any swelling and didn't have a problem.  If I can't wear them this whole pregnancy then I'll buy a temporary ring for the remainder of the pregnancy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My wedding set was purchased before I went back to school for nursing. I gained 50lbs in nursing school and then another 50lbs with dd. We had bought an anniversary band when pregnant with dd as my rings quickly got too tight. I still haven't lost the last 50lbs and now I'm adding onto the weight and swelling again, so I already took my bridal set off and switched the anniversary band over to my ring finger. Some day all this extra weight will be a memory...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it was around 20wks or so with both other kids.  This time there are days already where it is tough.  I have a gold tumb ring that I can wear when it gets too tight for the real rings.  It bothers me terrible, but I hate that tight feeling and I fear getting them cut off. 
  • Options
    I never take my rings off unless I am going to clean them. But they are still pretty loose. I am hoping that I won't have to take them off.
  • Options

It depends on the day ? today I?m fine but for some reason yesterday morning my fingers were swollen and my rings literally got stuck and I couldn?t pull them off or push them all the way down.  So bad, my finger started turning red/purple and I had to use water and soap to push them down ? there was no way they were coming off!

I just want a simple band in about 2 sizes bigger (so it?ll be loose now) that hopefully I can wear during the remaining weeks.

I?ll try to wear only my wedding band on a chain around my neck, but probably tucked inside my shirt.  I won?t be wearing my engagement ring with my wedding band on the chain, too much to worry about.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With DS I took them off around 35 weeks.
  • Options

imageclariknittist:
    Uh oh...I never take my wedding ring off, so after reading this I just tried it and I CAN'T!  Hm, guess it's on there for good now...

Yeah...My DD was born a year ago. My rings have been stuck on my finger since probably week 35. I could get them off just fine for awhile so I wasn't worried, but then it got hot and I swelled and they have been on since. I have even lost probably 35 lbs since she was born and it's still stuck. Not sure what I'm going to do. Probably have to get it cut off :(  I need to have the diamond checked and have it cleaned so it needs to come off. Just feels so wrong to cut a wedding band! 

• Options
    Sometimes using a little bit of Windex helps them slide off...If you try lotions or creams, it just makes your rings look cloudy. Most jewelry stores will cut them off at no charge, you only have to pay for sizing. I recommend when getting them sized to wait about a month or so after getting them cut off for your finger to return back to normal. I used to work in jewelry, and I've seen rings that people have left on that were so tight, the ring had cut into their skin and the skin was growing over the ring! Please don't wait too long to have them cut off!
  • Options
    I took mine off when I went into labor.  Good thing I did because after my c-section I was super swollen!  
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    HildawHildaw member
    Mine are loose to begin with because I recently lost some weight, so I hope they fit for awhile. If they become too tight I will probably buy a cheap plain band to wear.
  • Options
    Mine are fitting perfectly still.  I never got my wedding band sized because I wanted to be able to wear it when I got pregnant if my fingers swelled.  I still use a ring snuggie for it.  I wanted to be able to wear at least one of my rings during pregnancy, but they're both still loose (had my e-ring sized)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In my last pregnancy I took of my rings at almost 30 weeks. They still mostly fit at that point, but if I got hot my fingers would swell up a bit making them uncomfortable. Like some others said I didn't feel comfortable having my rings on a chain so I put them away and got a cheapie from the mall to wear for the remainder of my pregnancy.
  • Options

imagelandosmommy:

Ditto

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

imagelandosmommy:

Same for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's actually my memorial ring (in memory of the baby we lost) that is very difficult to get on and off... DH got it for me the Christmas after we lost our LO and honestly, it's going to be more emotional for me to take that one off than my wedding bands. I have DH to hold every night but the ring is my tie to my LO...
  • Options

i would have to guess that rings not fitting right now would be due to the extreme heat, but that's just my opinion :)

with DD, i think i took them off maybe around 38 weeks? i probably could have kept them on, but i was paranoid of having to have them cut off. 

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    Mine are tighter now than normal but part of that is bc of the heat not my weight gain. It does this every summer. I'll likely get a fake ring to wear bc I'd prefer to not risk losing my real ring with it around my neck.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine are still good, they were a little big anyway. Whenever they don't fit I'll put them in our safe and just wear a cheapie set.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I wore mine until 34 weeks with DD. It helps a lot if I take them off at night.
  • Options

I have a problem with my hands swelling up any way so I purchased a cheap band to wear during my pregnancy. I didn't want to wait until it was too late and have to have them cut off or anything.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    SJRoweSJRowe member
    I was wondering about this.. We are getting married in October and I'm really hoping my ring fits then. I still have a little room but I have a feeling i'll have to buy another that is a little bigger for the wedding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"