C-sections

Had my c sec and have some questions ladies .. help!

I had my c section on the 11th with my twins. The pain is going away but if my incision is touched or bumped it still hurts. However .. I am wondering if everyones incision feels 'hard' when you touch the new scar. 

Also wondering how long people bled for .. I am still bleeding not heavy but still there! 

Next question .. how long am I supposed to wait before I go in a pool or hot tub?

Anyone put anything on the scar to help it heal? Or anything on it to stop it from hurting when touched or bumped?

Thanks ladies!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Had my c sec and have some questions ladies .. help!

• You're less than 2 weeks out, some tenderness is normal. Are you having any discharge, and what color is the incision?

You can place a maxipad across the incision, which does a great job of cushioning it.   

You'll probably bleed for 4-6 weeks. Don't worry, it lightens up considerably. Most OBs schedule a post-surgery checkup around 6 weeks, and they'll give you the OK for pools, baths, and sex then.  

• Nope my incision is closed up good so no discharge and actually its a little darker then my skin color right now but really looks great considering it is so new! I did the maxi pad thing until it healed and closed up... was the BEST tip ever!!!!   =)   Mega life saver I would have to say! Helped more then anything else!!! I keep telling anyone else I know who is going to have a c section to use a maxi pad! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Most of my incision is still numb, 7 months out. It feels weird to the touch.

2. I bled for almost 8 weeks.

3. My OB cleared me for baths/the pool at my 6 weeks appointment, since my bleeding was light by that point.

4. Stick a maxi pad on the inside of your pants, so the absorbent part touches your incision. It helps a lot. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My incision felt hard for awhile, like a big bump. Eventually that went away and now it just feels like a normal scar.

I bled for probably about 4 weeks but some women bleed much longer.

I only had to wait until my steri strips were removed and that was when I went in at 2 1/2 weeks. When you have your check up your OB will give you the clear though.

You can use the maxi pad trick to put over the incision but I wouldn't put anything on it right now while it is still healing.

Give yourself time, its only been two weeks since your c/s so you are going to still be sore and have pain. Also, do not be surprised if you never gain back full feeling on and around your scar. Even now when my son jumps on my stomach and happens to hit my scar it is uncomfortable. Not outright pain but it doesn't feel good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 11 days out my incision still hurt when bumped or touched. So I would not worry. I also had and still have the "hard" feeling under my incision. I was told that this is a combination of scar tissue and cysts that formed due to the stitches that I have/had. I had this with both c-sections and it eventually went away.

At 5 weeks pp I am still bleeding off and on. I bled heaviest for the first 4-5 days then it was off and on for a while. It continues to be this way now.

I was told no pool, bath or hot tub until after my 6 week pp check up.

I have not put anything on for healing, but I did use an ice pack and a pad on it to help for a while.

• ghdst1ghdst1 member
    imageDenaRenee78:

I had my c section on the 11th with my twins. The pain is going away but if my incision is touched or bumped it still hurts. However .. I am wondering if everyones incision feels 'hard' when you touch the new scar.  Yes this is normal!  It will go away with time.  

Also wondering how long people bled for .. I am still bleeding not heavy but still there!  With DS2 I bled for about 6-8 weeks with PP bleeding.  It would change in the heaviness but after about 2 weeks I only need a panty liner.

Next question .. how long am I supposed to wait before I go in a pool or hot tub? no idea!!  Probably once your steristrips come off?  I would probably wait till your PP check up.

Anyone put anything on the scar to help it heal? Or anything on it to stop it from hurting when touched or bumped? When I had DS1 (both my boys were born via c/s) my OB recommended that I use either a pad or rolled up washcloth to put up against my incision to help with oozing, allowing it to get air (because the flap would make it difficult to air out) and also keep something else in front of the scar.  It worked well for me.

Thanks ladies!  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. My incision feels perfectly fine and I barely know it is there. 

2. I bled for 3 weeks then it turned super light then lots of discharge.  It all stopped this week (7.5 weeks).

3. 6 weeks

4. Stick a maxi pad on the inside of your pants, so the absorbent part touches your incision. It helps a lot. (DITTO!)

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"