Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby Mod cribs from Walmart

Has anyone purchased one? I was looking at the Olivia and read online that the wood is a bit softer than the Babyletto ones sold at BRU that, for the most part, look very similiar.

Just wondering about the quality of the Walmart ones and if its worth it to spring a couple extra bucks and buy it at BRU.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Mod cribs from Walmart

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member

I have the Babymod Olivia crib for DS. I LOVE it.  It has held up really well (he did teeth a little on the rail but that was my fault for not covering it).

I have the Babyletto Hudson for this new baby. It is set up and looks nice but haven't used it yet. I don't really see a big difference in the quality, I just went with Babyletto this time because it fit the style I wanted in this nursery. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Our baby isn't here yet (not till TOMORROW!) but we have the Baby Mod Olivia and LOVE it so far.  It's a gorgeous crib  
    BFP on 1/27/11 - EDD 10/7/11 - M/C on 2/21/11 @ 7w3d
    BFP on 11/3/11 - EDD 07/6/12 - DD born 6/27/12 via c-section 
    BFP on 1/31/15 - EDD 10/9/15 -- Beta #1 @ 17dpo: 394, Beta #2 @ 20dpo: 1604 (35 hour doubling time!), Beta #3 @ 24dpo: 5287
    1st ultrasound 2/19 6w6d - strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

just a follow up question...did you ladies have issues with mattresses? I saw some reviews on Walmart.com where people said the standard size mattress was a tight fit and they had to shove it in there a little. Just wondering if thei makes changing sheets etc tough!

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am ordering this crib, have read a ton of reviews and nothing but good things to say.... Cant wait to get. Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageWifeofMrA:

just a follow up question...did you ladies have issues with mattresses? I saw some reviews on Walmart.com where people said the standard size mattress was a tight fit and they had to shove it in there a little. Just wondering if thei makes changing sheets etc tough!

Thanks!

We have the Sealy Soybean Foamcore Everedge mattress and yes it is very snug, but that doesn't bother me, it's definitely safe.  I've had no issue putting mattress pad and sheets on it.  In face we have 2 layers on it and I think it slid in easier with the bedding on than it did just the naked mattress.   

BFP on 1/27/11 - EDD 10/7/11 - M/C on 2/21/11 @ 7w3d
    BFP on 11/3/11 - EDD 07/6/12 - DD born 6/27/12 via c-section 
    BFP on 1/31/15 - EDD 10/9/15 -- Beta #1 @ 17dpo: 394, Beta #2 @ 20dpo: 1604 (35 hour doubling time!), Beta #3 @ 24dpo: 5287
    1st ultrasound 2/19 6w6d - strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have the Baby Mod Parklane and love it. It looks great, wasn't too expensive and it is solid wood (no press board). It was easy to put together, too. Here's a blog post about it if you're interested - https://www.younghouselove.com/2010/02/nursery-progress-crib-notes/
    DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    The mattress is snug but snug is better/safer. I don't have trouble changing the sheets. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"