Infertility
Options

~*~DE/DEmbryo/GC Check-in~*~

This group is open to anyone who has already gone through donor egg/donor embryo/gestational carrier, is in the process of it, or plan on doing it in the future. 

This check-in posted each Tuesday.  If you?d like to be added to this group, please reply to this message, and I?ll make sure to add you for next week.  Welcome to the lurkers!  We know this can be a difficult journey, but we welcome you with open arms.  Let us know if we can answer any questions.

GRADUATES ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO POST! 

ANNOUNCEMENT: BathingInBitter has started a PRIVATE Facebook group (meaning no one can see it in your feed, that you are a member, etc.) for the ladies from IF and SAIF who are using/have used donor egg/embryos or donor sperm.  If you would like to join, please page BathingInBitter, Yellow_Daisy, Roselln2 or svp1537 and ask for an invite to the group.  This might be a nice way to keep in touch in a more private setting and address issues that may arise down the road.

***** If you are a donor or interested in donating, we would be happy to answer questions.  Please start a new post with ?Question for DE ladies? as the title. *****

Status Update: Where are you currently with the DE/DEmbryo/ GC process?

QOTW: What was your favorite childhood toy?

All the best to the ladies currently cycling and those in the 2ww.  We are excited for you all!

Best wishes to Ginger71 at your consult tomorrow!  Hope you get some helpful information!

ichoosehope ? Yay for your contract being finalized!  And your lower med bill!

In the 2ww

kdussault ? Still on Lupron, increased Estrace, donor started stims and things looked good at the first check, ER last Wednesday morning, started PIO

M&MBride0506 ? Medicated cycle (Clomid) with sister, IUI last week

Stuckinthemiddle (OE) ? ET for last attempt with OE last Wednesday  

Currently Cycling or on BCP?s

bluebabka ? Cycle being synched with donor?s, appointment last week to finalize everything with the donor, started Lupron and have a monitoring appointment on 1/24

erinandbrockv ? Preparing for DE cycle using sister?s eggs, AMH and other blood work looks great, started Lupron on 1/9, baseline appointment on 1/18
hep01
? BFP on 1st attempt with donor ? m/c, huge hugs, blood work results are back and showed a strand of MTHFR so will start Lovenox before ET, FET anticipated for first or second week of February

hollymichael ? Currently cycling, doing acupuncture, lining check looked good, ER was Saturday   

ichoosehope ? On BCP?s for DE cycle, contract is finalized, repeat trial transfer, blood work and HSG last Wednesday, starting Lupron on 2/1, ER and ET estimated for the first week in March

jcath ? Preparing for donor egg cycle with frozen egg bank, chose donor and back-up, had endo biopsy, reduced Lupron but doubled Estrace, everything looked good at lining check, started PIO last Thursday, ET anticipated for 1/24-1/26  

may2806 ? Confirmed donor, blood work all looks good, started Lupron on 12/18, donor showing 15 follicles at 13-14mm,  lining looking good, ER estimated for this past weekend

onedaychristinak ? Received treatment for pituitary tumor, dealing with numerous cancelled cycles due to poor lining, had a hysteroscopy and D&C to facilitate a better lining, started Estrace and Vivelle patches, acupuncture for potential FET, also looking into GC and adoption

PoeticJustice (OE) ? Genetic testing/balanced translocation normal, working with a new RE, had hysteroscopy, started stims for IVF#2, everything looked good at follie check #2  

Waiting to Cycle/Between Cycles

2linesn09 ? BFP w/GC but ended in miscarriage

ashleyann82 ? Cycling in February (shared cycle) - Chose a new donor after first one backed out, another couple chose donor, so locked in to shared cycle, ER/ET tentatively scheduled for late March

baze2 ? Pursuing DE, waiting for a donor

Hoodlum90 (OE) ? One more IVF with OE, if fails possibly using sister?s eggs

Imanurse03 ? First donor selected had higher FSH, most likely going with second donor recommended by RE and staff who has a great track record

ked1068 ? Adopting 6 frozen embryos, embryos now transferred to home clinic, aiming for FET in April

LaMoonie ? DE cycle was a BFN, possible blood flow resistance issue, have 4 frozen embryos, contemplating a FET possibly with GC (sister) 

lenebene ? Second opinion appointment scheduled for the week after Christmas 

MarriedaSportsNut ? BFP on first DE cycle but lost baby due to rare defect (Acrania), DE IVF #2 was c/p, 5 frozen embryos, FET of 2 embryos 12/17 was BFN, 2 frosties left, made an appointment for a second opinon, blogging about DE at https://bloominbabies.blogspot.com/search/label/Golden Bud   

MRSBELLALEE ? FET 10/26/09 = BFN, fresh DE cycle 4/10/10 = BFN, polyps removed in July, FET 9/10 = BFN, in contact with SIRM, NKC high but everything else normal, working with new RE in Maryland who recommended the Integrin B test  

Oct14 ? DE IVF #1 = c/p, DE FET = BFN, looking into a consult with CCRM

RFBsbride ? Working on losing weight with DH, beginning donor search in December

shyntrue ? Just beginning the DE journey, waiting on a donor

snoangel79 ? Dx with POF, married in September, planning on moving forward with DE after the holidays, consult scheduled for 1/26 and hoping to cycle in early spring

vawad82 ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor ? m/c, huge hugs

Looking into Options

ACM1616 ? Looking into DE, but clinic requires it to be with a known donor, talking things over with her sister

ceemonkey ? High FSH on her side and sertoli-cell only syndrome on DH's side, considering OE vs. DE

Ginger71 ? Staring the DE process in the New Year, considering DE + DS, consult scheduled for 1/26 to discuss next steps

Hoping4more ? Cycle using sister as GC is probably on hold forever, now going to cycle with own eggs and is applying to foster/adopt

hurricaneh ? Taking break from the board, will do FET in the future

Jasmine19 ? Looking into donor egg due to heart rhythm condition

kekis ? Unresponsive to IVF meds, considering DE in the new year

Mel0569 ? Egg freezing program was a BFN, switched REs and had consult on 9/20

Mgoodr1 ? Hoping to use friend as a surrogate due to health issues

Militarywife2b ? Working toward foster/adoption, also still looking into IVF

Pseudonim ? Looking into being a surrogate for her SIL and BIL

Riderpunk ? Considering a surrogate, possibly SIL

Scatterbrainliz ? Moving onto adoption (Korea)

~*~Recent Successes~*~

BathingInBitter ? DE IVF #1 = BFN, surprise BFP!, beta #1 on 12/20 = 1,208, first u/s scheduled for 12/27
JM1977
? DE IVF #1 = BFN, DE IVF #2 - ER on 12/10, eSET on day 5 (12/15), 2 embryos frozen, beta on 12/28 = 1,035, beta on 12/30 = 2,234, first u/s showed gestational sac and fetal pole, heard heartbeat at second u/s

saratogabride08 ? DE IVF#1 cancelled, cycled again with the same donor with adjustments to the protocol, ET of 2 embryos on 12/18, first 2 betas looking good

SunMoon&Stars ? Cycling using frozen eggs, 5dt on 12/8, beta #1 on 12/17 = 74.8, beta # 2 = 439, first u/s on 1/7  

~*~Graduates~*~

Arb212 ? BFP on 1st attempt (boy/girl twins)!  Babies born on 2/9/10!

Ashley ? BFP w/gestational carrier ? baby girl

AXLbaby ? BFP on 1st attempt (baby girl)!

BRSAugust20 ? BFP (singleton)! Joseph is here! Transitioning to solids and hopefully getting more and more sleep  

Cat2 ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor! (singleton), J is slowly adjusting to his helmet and starting to eat solid foods  

CharBart ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor!  Twins! 2 boys! Small SCH, restricted to 8 hours work per day 

Dansbride06 ? BFP (baby boy)! Tanner is here!

epphd ? BFP (baby boy)!  Nubbin is here!

Floridakat (OE) ? twin girls! 

Futuremom2b ? BFP (twin girls)! Born on 11/27/09!

GymDogFran ? Frozen egg program, twin girls!

HopeCounts ? BFP on FET (singleton)!

Iwannababy2010 ? BFP on 1st attempt with donor! Everything looked good on NT scan, now 20 weeks, team green!  

Jenn-N-Jay ? BFP (singleton)!

Jhleap ? BFP on 1st attempt ? team green! 

jmn69 ? Already has twins from DE

juliannat ? BFP ? boy/girl twins!

KoCoLoCo ? BFP w/gestational carrier (1st attempt) ? boy/girl twins born August 2009!

LBR_NJ ? BFP (girl)! Alana arrived on 12/9/09! FET scheduled for 12/10 but embryo did not survive the thaw

mamabear7 ? DE IVF#1, 26 eggs retrieved! 5dt of 2 embryos on 11/7, BFP! beta #1 = 347! Beta #2 = 1,073, first u/s on 12/3 showed twins! NT scan scheduled for 1/12

MontyMrs (OE) ? 4th IVF = BFP! Triplets!

njohnson1972 (OE) ? Last attempt with OE, transferred 2 embryos on 11/6, BFP!

PiggyBride ? Singleton due 3/2/11

pst8 ? BFP using her sister as a gestational carrier, due in February

RachelD83 ? BFP on 2nd FET (single embryo transfer) ? boy!  Jonathan born on 12/8 at 38w3d 

svp1537 ? BFP ? twins!  Everything is looking great, released to OB

Vet-Tech ? BFP with donor embryos, baby girl born 9/20/10!

Haven?t heard from you in a while ? We miss you!

2linesplease ? Looking into DE options

BBLindy ? Looking into DE options

Davesmisha ? Hoping to do an FET with donor embryos in October

Denise ? Pursuing DE

Justsayjo ? Considering DE with a known donor, may be switching clinics

Legs14zbest ? Donor is confirmed, doing a split cycle, ER was anticipated for 11/8 or 11/9

Njgreneyz ? Has had 4 failed IUI?s and 3 failed IVF?s, looking into GC options (w/own eggs)

Scottdeb ? Looking into adoption and DE

Simplelove03 ? On hold with DE   

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~DE/DEmbryo/GC Check-in~*~

• Options

Sending PPV to kdussault, M&MBride0506 and Stuckinthemiddle

HollyMichael - I hope your embies are growing and you have a great 5dt.

JM1977 - thanks for continuing to do the updates - I'm sure mornings are hard for you at the moment.  I was just thinking if they could grow my embies in the lab for five days would it be possible for them to keep them the whole first trimester?

Update:  I'm anxiously awaiting a phone call to let me know what time my ET will be tomorrow.  We have 4 grade A embies (at last check) ready for a 5dt. My beta will be Feb 4th.  Thanks to the ladies who answered my post about deciding between one or two to transfer - I'm still on the fence but it was good info to have.

QOTD: My dad and grandfather build me the most beautiful dollhouse when I was about 8 and I had in my room until I left for college - it was awesome.  Other than that I wasn't a huge toy kind of kid but I was big into roller skating :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Update:  I'm still waiting for March to get here, we are tentatively scheduled for a late March cycle, so I have no idea what that means, time wise.  The waiting is really the worst.  I hate that I have PCOS and need to be on BCPs to feel normal, if I didn't have to be, we could be trying on our own right now :(

QOTW:  I had a lot of favorite toys but I was definitely a Barbie girl.  So, all my Barbie stuff including my Kitchen, house, cars, all that stuff is so fun and I saved it all just in case I have a girl someday :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My Blog
    TTC since 4/09 - Dx PCOS 1/10, HSG: All Clear
    4 Failed Clomid cycles of varying degrees
    Clomid + Bravelle + Trigger + IUI = BFP!!
    Ectopic M/C 9/16/10 ~ Forever in our hearts <3<BR> IVF using Donor Eggs (DE) 6/11
    BCP+Lupron+Estrogen+DE ET+PIO = BFP!!!
    Beta #1: 507 #2: 1561 #3: 4,472 #4: 11,172

BFPBs Sul06, MrsW722 & SnowflakeBride06
    GL to Mari2003 and all of the rest of the 3T Ladies
    :) SAIFW :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Fingers crossed for lots of sticky BFPs in this check-in over the next few weeks!!

QOTD:  I used to love the Sit N' Spin to the point where I probably had 3-4 of them since my older brother would break it because he would be too big.  Funny to think of now since I get horribly motion sick but back then I could spin for hours!  I also had one of those big Barbie heads where you could do the makeup and hair. 

• Options

Good luck to everyone else cycling!

I'm sorry I was MIA last week - work was crazy trying to get everything done before the transfer, and it was actually better for me to keep myself completely distracted from anything baby-related.

At ER, we got 20 eggs, 19 mature and 16 fertilized. We did a 5dt of a grade A and a grade B (of course I'm wondering why we didn't have 2 grade As). They have very high freezing standards which we were warned about before we even cycled, so even though there were still some they were watching at the transfer, the next day they decided not to freeze any :( I'm hoping I won't need them. Beta is Saturday.  

QOTD: I loved Barbies, Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake... hard to pick just one! I never thought of myself as a girlie-girl but I guess I really liked dolls! 

UPDATE: My nurse just called and moved my beta up to Friday - I usually go to lab corp for b/w and she was worried they wouldn't get it in time on Sat cause the office closes early. (I was actually planning on driving down to their office for the beta, but I figured why not get it a day early if she was offering?) 

Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • Options

Good luck to all of those in cycle!! Hoping to see lots of good news soon!

QOTD: I have to say I was a baby doll girl. I had this one doll I played "house" with ALL the time. I used to love to put him in a stroller and make up this whole fake family. His name was Michael. My sisters and I seriously used to have a ball playing house...LOL :)

• Options
    good luck to all my cycle buddies! hoping for the best for us! UPDATE: we had a 3dt on Saturday with a "perfect" embryo. at the time, there were two more going strong and were being watched for freezing later that day. PIO is going ok, but the 2ww is killing me! I am having a hard time with all the wondering and not knowing what is going on in there. hopefully my little rock star is doing what it is supposed to do! PS. I say "it" but everyone I talk to, including the RNs on ET day say "it" is a boy ;) lol. QOTD: barbies, cabbage patch kids, Teddy Ruxpin. I was definitely all about dolls and stuffed animals - most I still have for my child/children. (once again, sorry for the enormous paragraph, Apple really needs to do something about that!) :)
  • Options

Good luck to those in the 2ww/just past ER!!

Update: Sister starts stimming on Friday and I am so nervous/excited!

QOTD: Barbies. I had barbies galore!

• Options

Update: I got released to the OB, and my first appointment is scheduled for Feb. 3rd.

QOTW: I loved my Light Bright!  Also, my mom is a teacher and was always bringing things home from school for us to try out - I always liked that.

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Update: I started a new job back around Thanksgiving and so we won't be doing DE cycle til the beginning of March.  I wanted to get past the 90 day probation period at work before I start missing time for appointments.  I'm on BCP and will have a hysteroscopy on March 3.  Plus, I wouldn't be eligible to take maternity leave (FMLA) until Nov of this year, so if we cycle in March that will give me a potential due date in Dec. sometime.  But we do have a donor and are excited to use her! 

What was your favorite childhood toy?  I really loved playing with my Barbies in the Barbie Dream House I had.

• Options

Update: I found out today that we are tentatively scheduled for our FET on Feb 1st! Woo Hoo!!

QOTD: I loved barbies & my roller racer!!

Good Luck to all the ladies!!!

PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome
    TTC #1 Since 3/2010 Diagnosed with POF
    6/2010-IVF #1 Cancelled after ER b/c 0 eggs recovered
    On to Donor Eggs
    9-30-10 IVF w/ DE begins & Donor started stims 10-4-10
    Donor ER 10-14-10 14 Fertilized Eggs ~ ET 10-17-10 (7 Frosties)
    IVF #1 11-18-10 M/C @ 7 Weeks~Stopped growing @ 5 Weeks
    FET #1 2-1-2011
    Beta #1 13dp3dt 2-14-2011~722
    Beta #2 15dp3dt 2-16-2011~1942
    1st U/S 3-3-2011~Twin Girls

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Wow! I didn't realize how many ladies are cycling right now.....good luck to everyone!!

Update: Things are moving along and I start lupron one week from today (2/1). Our tentative ER/ET is the first week in March.

QOTD: It had to be my McDonald's ice cream maker......or Barbie camper. I would play with both of them for HOURS!

• Options

GL to everyone cycling... 

UPDATE:  ER was Saturday they got 33 eggs. Got FERT REPORT Sun/Mon 24 mature eggs 24 fertilized with ICSI. 12 are going strong 7 are still developing 5 look like they may not make it thus far.  ET is Thurs.

QOTW: What was your favorite childhood toy?Snoopy Sno Cone Machine, Rock em Sock Robots & Barbie

May 06: Natural PG= m/c, July 09: TI= m/c, November 09: TI=BFN, December 09: IUI= c/p
    IVF#1: start stims 1/26; ER 2/8; ET 2/13= BFN; FET#1: May 2010= m/c *NEW CLINIC Jan 2011* IVF#2: start stims 1/12; ER 1/22; ET 1/27= BFN; IVF#3: TBD
    ~SAIFW/PAIFW~
  • Options

Update: We have finally decided to move on.  We have a appt with the dr on Friday to get things rolling.  We have started to look at the donor's available and what things are important to us.  

QOTW: Barbie!!  I loved them!

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good luck to everyone who is cycling!!! 

I have been out of the loop for about a week...strep throat : (

We've begun the process of building the lining...estrogen patches galore! We are tentatively scheduled for ER on 2/14 with an ET date of 2/20. The only bummer Huh? is that I have floor seats to see Bon Jovi on the 21st!!! My DH could not believe that I brought this up to the RE nurse. The tickets were a gift to my nieces for Christmas and my mom, sister, etc... everyone is going. Looks like I will be giving my ticket away and... livin' on a prayer : ) It will all be worth it, though!

My favorite toy was an old set of army phones. My sister & I had these phones used in combat and we could call each other from room to room and play school or play house. One of the phones had a short in it - we used to give this "friends" who would visit... you would just get a little "shock" when you picked up the receiver LOL... good times

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"