Two Under 2

Where is she going to sleep?

My daughter will be 17 months when the new baby comes. She is currently sleeping in a crib in her room, and my plan is to have the new baby in our room for the first six months. My question: What do I do when the new baby is ready to move to the crib? Maybe I'm dense, but is 2 years old too young for a toddler bed?

What did/do you ladies do?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where is she going to sleep?

• We transitioned my son to a full sized bed at 20 months and it worked perfectly.

I was glad to not have to buy 2 cribs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got two cribs because our kids are 16 months apart but we converted her crib to toddler bed around 20 months. She did fine 

Couple of things I did that helped: I only had books in her room so if she got up to play all she could do is "read to herself"

If you don't have round door knobs I would get a small baby gate. You don't want Them escaping and running through the house (we changed ours to round door knobs).

Get a nightlight but not one that plugs in. She was like a Bug to light with the nightlight and was  constantly trying to take it out of the socket so I got the twighlight turtle or ladybug and it turns off after 45 min 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • skyejoskyejo member

We switched my DD from bed sharing to a crib mattress on the floor at 17 months.  She's still on the floor mattress at 20 months but only because we haven't carved out the time to go out a buy a twin bed frame and mattress. 

DD wasn't ever used to a crib though since we bedshared so the transition to a mattress was easy for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"