June 2012 Moms

Ryan Gannon is here!

He came into this world at 41weeks from an induction. Weighing 8lbs 5oz and 21 inches long.

I checked into the hospital at midnight on Wednesday the 19th and started the induction at 2:30am. I had two rounds of cirvadil over the night because I can into the hospital at 1cm and only 50% effaced. Around 9 am my OB came to check on me and I had dilated to 1.5cm and effaced to 60%. 

Then I got to experience the fun of having my water broken. Such an odd sensation. I then was left to labor on my own for 4 hours before I requested an epi. There were a crazy amount of ladies in line before me so it took a while.

The anesthesiologist finally came in about an hour later and got to work. I didn't know it at the time but DH told me he was a resident. It took forever and many pokes will pain shooting down the right side of my body before the older doctor steped in to finish the job. They say the local that's givin before hand feels like a bee sting, well I can tell you I never want to be stung by a bee!

The epi felt like a god send after it got going and thank goodness I got it when I did. My OB came in to check me and told the nurse to start pitocin. I was contracting really well on my own after my water was broken but apparently not hard enough. I managed to sleep through most of the afternoon blissfully unaware of any contractions. But then I started to feel pain on my left side. I muddled the best I could before I started crying and the nurse tried upping my dose. It made my right side compleatly dead but only got rid of the pain in my abdominal area on the left. So I could still feel every contraction on the left side of my but.

At about 7:30pm I was in the most horrific pain as my body decided it was time to start pushing. At 8pm my OB came in and I started to push for real and that was the best relief ever! I pushed for 1 hour while munching on my ice chips and talking to. Everyone about books and movies. At 9:02pm on 6/20/12 Ryan Gannon had finally arrived!

He was placed on my chest while Doc took care of a couple of stitches. He says I didn't tear much but it sure feels like it now. Ouch! DH got to cut the cord even though he's super squeamish and thought he didn't want to. DH was a rock star during the whole labor and even tells people I made L&D look easy lol glad someone thought it was easy.

Ryan and I are now on our last night in the hospital and have been attempting breatfeeding since the afternoon. Man is it hard! I think I have overly sensitive nipples. Hurts when he sucks with and without a nipple shield and it hurts to pump. But I'm determined to get us on the same page!

Ryan is such a joy and so quiet! He only cries if you touch his feet or move him. Even those cries only last a minuet. The first night the nurse told me I had to check his diaper every few hours. Apparently a wet or dirty diaper doesn't even phase the little guy!

Can't wait to take him home tomorrow afternoon!

Good luck to the rest of the June moms waiting for their little bugs.

Ill post a pick later when I'm not bumping from my phone.  

I ch 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ryan Gannon is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"