Baby Showers
Options

Is it in bad taste to throw your own baby shower??

2»

Re: Is it in bad taste to throw your own baby shower??

• Options
    imageAnonnAni:

If you want to throw your own shower then do so. YOUR  loved ones and YOUR family will understand your reasoning's for doing so, an in the end THAT's what matters, who cares what the internet has to say about it.

YOUR BABY, YOUR PREGNANCY, YOUR SHOWER.

If someone you know personally thinks its in bad taste then they have the option of shutting up an going and smiling and being polite b/c they love you or not going. 

Someone else's OPINION should not dictate what YOU do in YOUR LIFE nor for YOUR CHILD, you don't need a blogs "permission" so to speak to throw YOUR shower cuz its not like any forum members are invited.

Hope you have a great shower whether you plan it or not :-)

Do you have a link to that blog?  Because this isn't one...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAnonnAni:

If you want to throw your own shower then do so. YOUR  loved ones and YOUR family will understand your reasoning's for doing so, an in the end THAT's what matters, who cares what the internet has to say about it.

If someone you know personally thinks its in bad taste then they have the option of shutting up an going and smiling and being polite b/c they love you or not going. 

Someone else's OPINION should not dictate what YOU do in YOUR LIFE nor for YOUR CHILD, you don't need a blogs "permission" so to speak to throw YOUR shower cuz its not like any forum members are invited.

YOU'RE an idiot. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLiz4444:
    imageAnonnAni:

YOU'RE an idiot. 

THIS.  GTF out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't see anything wrong with it!  It's your first baby, you have every right to be excited about it and want to plan your baby shower! Don't let anyone ruin that for you!
  • Options

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted about this because you have helped me waste a good 30mins(slow reader) of my work day reading this...

Thank you!!Geeked

• Options

imagelittlepenguins:
    I love watching people feed trolls. I wonder if I should invent a new name and post something about throwing my own pre-pregnancy shower, where I register for items to help us conceive. Or I could go on the baby name board and tell everyone I want to name my kid Cheeto. 

Waaaahhhhh this was totes my baby name! How am I going to survive! GBCB name thiefs! 

• Options
    All of this made me LOL.

imageMandJS:
    imageAnonnAni:

Someone else's OPINION should not dictate what YOU do in YOUR LIFE nor for YOUR CHILD, you don't need a blogs "permission" so to speak to throw YOUR shower cuz its not like any bloggers are invited.

For the love of... IT"S A MESSAGE BOARD. NOT A BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageJillwithani:

imagelittlepenguins:
    I love watching people feed trolls. I wonder if I should invent a new name and post something about throwing my own pre-pregnancy shower, where I register for items to help us conceive. Or I could go on the baby name board and tell everyone I want to name my kid Cheeto. 

Waaaahhhhh this was totes my baby name! How am I going to survive! GBCB name thiefs! 

Maybe you could spell it Xhitoh? Or Xhytoh? Totes unique and special that way.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageSherbet Lemon:
    imageJillwithani:

imagelittlepenguins:

The thing is, you don't even have to make up sh!t on that board.  I saw one asking about the name...MOLLUSK.  Yeah.

But twins named Xhytoh and Frytoh might be amusing.

• Options

imageseh1985:
    I don't see anything wrong with it!  It's your first baby, you have every right to be excited about it and want to plan your baby shower! Don't let anyone ruin that for you!

I'm calling AE on this one.

OP, why not give a dollar amount needed to be spent to get into your self-thrown shower?  Better yet, why not just ask everyone for money?  That way you can really get everything you want!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageSherbet Lemon:
    imageJillwithani:

imagelittlepenguins:

LOL!!! 

• Options
    imageCranang:
    imageSherbet Lemon:
    imageJillwithani:

imagelittlepenguins:

The thing is, you don't even have to make up sh!t on that board.  I saw one asking about the name...MOLLUSK.  Yeah.

But twins named Xhytoh and Frytoh might be amusing.

OMG, Mollusk. I need to lurk there more. 

• Options

A first baby, all that excitement, dreams, hopes, plans...
    Who will be coming to your baby shower?
    Your friends or the assholes saying "if no one offers, you don't have one"?
    So let your own friends decide if it's bad taste, not a bunch of strangers.
    Yes, it sounds like "bring presents to my baby" which makes no difference (to me) with "bring presents to my girlfriend's baby"... In exchange, you'll get together, have some brunch, lunch or dinner (on your account) and laugh as you please...
    So, throw your own thing... Be happy! Live your life, not the life others are telling you to live...
    Enjoy this amazing experience of being mom for the first time...!

How can you care so much about this silly thing when there are other moms struggling with pregnancy issues, malformation of their fetuses, 2d or 3rd loss of their babies... or not even being able to conceive!?

Clock is ticking... time to do things is now! So, do it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"