Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Dishwashing Detergent and Disinfectants

So I just moved and was looking for disinfectant wipes to clean off lightswitches and doorknobs when I decided to try a more natural route.  So I'm going with 7th Generation (disinfects with thyme oil?) and white vinegar.

But then I realized something... I still use regular detergent for my dishwasher.  What kind of eco-friendly alternatives are out there for that?

Also, I assume car fresheners emit VOCs.... but I really need to freshen up my car. (it has smelled musty ever since they steam cleaned the seats!)  Any suggestions?

Re: Dishwashing Detergent and Disinfectants

• Options

I use the dishwasher detergent form this site https://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2011/10/diy-dishwasher-detergent-without-borax/.  It works well and I put half a cup of white vinegar about once a month to keep my dishwasher clean. 

I clean almost everything with white vinegar and baking soda. 

If your car smells musty it might help to park it in the sun with the windows down.  My car was smelling musty and it was because the cabin air filter needed to be changed.  Once they changed it, no more smell and my ac is working like new:) 

• Options
    Biokleen dishwasher. beSt stuff ever! I thought it was expensive at first, but ran out and got conventional crap until I could get more biokleen (I have to order it here). The conventional crap always left a film (I use vinegar in rinse aid spot). It was actually more expensive too bc with the biokleen you use so little. My tub last me >3mo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used that recipe and it worked well at 1st but then started leaving a film. I switched back to method until I find an alternative. 
  • Options
    I use 7th Gen dishwashing liquid... love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"