Natural Birth
Options

Headaches from pregnancy tea? (xp July and 3rd tri)

Triple cross posting here... my apologies!  Weekends are slow and I really want an answer so I can drink my tea!  ;-)

My doula recommended that I start drinking lots of pregnancy tea (red raspberry leaf + nettles) a couple weeks ago to help strengthen my uterus.  I drank 2-3 cups a day for about a week and was having TERRIBLE headaches.  I wasn't sure if it was the tea or not, so I stopped it for a couple days and they were gone... Drank a glass the third day and immediately got a headache again.  Have any of you heard of or experienced pregnancy tea causing headaches?  Anyone know if one ingredient or the other is more likely to cause them?  The RRL is the most important ingredient, so I'm hoping someone will say nettles causes headaches and I can still drink RRLT without it.  Any insight?

Re: Headaches from pregnancy tea? (xp July and 3rd tri)

• Options

I can tell you that you are welcome to drink raspberry leaf tea without a nettle chaser.

I drank plenty of raspberry leaf tea with both pregnancies and had 2 fast (relatively) easy deliveries.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    I haven't had headaches, but I have noticed that drinking it hot sends my heart rate racing.  Have you tried switching to ice tea?  Maybe it's the speed up in your metabolism from the heat that's causing it.  Just a guess in the dark, but maybe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"