Babies on the Brain
Options

on to cycle #6. Any advice?

Hi ladies, I've posted here a few times, but mostly lurk.  I was just wondering if any of you had any advice, or "tricks" for concieving.  This past cycle I took PNV (as usual), used opk's & tried mucinex, green tea, & epo before ovulation (had 1-2 days of ewcm).  Also tried pineapple 1-5 DPO. Even layed in bed 20 min. after sex each time.  Do you think that's overkill? Anything else I should be trying?

Re: on to cycle #6. Any advice?

• Options
    Are you charting?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I highly recommend charting - fertilityfriend.com. Also preseed is useful and the pineapple thing. GL!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, if you're charting and timing sex well, that'll be your best shot. ?Good luck. :)
  • Options
    Maybe try red raspberry leaf tea instead of green tea if you're doing the herbal thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not charting. I tried, but I work nights (7p-7a) 3 nights a week. & my schedule is all out of wack.  I have just been using opk's.
  • Options
    How can I chart my BBT if I work shifts?It is not impossible to take your BBT if you work shifts, but it will be more challenging. Take your temperature at the time you wake up when you are most likely to have had the most sleep. Be as consistent as you can. On your days off, take your temperature after you wake up as well, even if it is at a different time. Make a note on your chart of changes in your waking schedule. You may take your temperature in the afternoon before you go to work if that is your usual waking time and the time after which you are most likely to have had the most sleep. It is not useful to take your temperature when you are already awake and active.?From https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/BBT-and-shift-work.html??
  • Options
    Ditto charting.  A postive OPK doesn't guarantee you are actually ovulating.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think 6 cycles is pretty average so don't get down yet!  Have you tried charting with your OPKs?  That helped me when TTC #2.  Good luck!!
  • Options

Honestly it's so hard to be patient and not assume the worst!  It took us almost a year, and the first seven months that I charted, we had great timing, confirmed O, used preSeed etc. The month we did actually get bfp I would hazard to guess that our timing was much less "perfect"  (I had taken a charting break) and we didn't use the preSeed, any of that.  For whatever reason, those other months it just didn't happen.  Very hard for a type A like me to understand why it took so long, all the "pieces were in place" etc.  I had pretty much convinced myself that my appendectomy 15 years ago caused a problem with my tubes.  Guess not, haha. 

Sorry for the rambling post, I'm just trying to say good luck and try not to worry, it really can just take some time for reasons unknown to us. 

• Options
    imagemrsDinMarch07:

Honestly it's so hard to be patient and not assume the worst!? It took us almost a year, and the first seven months that I charted, we had great timing, confirmed O, used preSeed etc. The month we did actually get?bfp I would hazard to guess that our timing was much less "perfect"??(I had taken a charting break) and we didn't use the preSeed, any of that.? For whatever reason, those other months it just didn't happen.? Very hard for a type A like me to understand why it took so long, all the "pieces were in place" etc.? I had pretty much convinced myself that my appendectomy 15 years ago caused a problem with my tubes.? Guess not, haha.?

Sorry for the rambling post, I'm just trying to say good luck and try not to worry, it really can just take some time for reasons unknown to us.?

Thanks. ?I actually needed this pep talk. ?While I'm only on cycle 5, I can't help but completely worry that something is wrong with us. ?I want to experience being a mother so bad that I just feel like something is bound to be wrong. ?I know many people feel this way too. ?While I'm not completely obsessed with these thoughts - I have worried, even way before TTC.

To OP, try charting with the night shift advice. ?I know it's difficult as I worked that shift for 4 years (exact same hours). ?Check out fertility friend's website or buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. ?For the past 4 months we just charted, PNV, and B6 the last cycle (I had short LP). ?This month I am going to start with vitex, red raspberry tea, and preseed. ?

Best of luck to you!?

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with pp.  Charting is helpful, but I also worked graveyards and know that they can really screw up any chance of charting.  You can also try regular cough syrup.  It is supposed to be similar to Mucinex, but it could have a different result for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

^^MAK,

I understand exactly.  It's really hard to avoid thinking something is wrong.  I was convinced that those "it takes up to 12 months to concieve" stats only applied to people with irregular ovulation, etc.  That sh*t really gets in your head and you start doubting everything!  It's so hard to avoid, but I guess you just gotta try to trust that it will happen eventually.

• Options
    Everyone is different but I would chart.  It took me about 9 months to get pg.  I didn't chart.  I will definately chart if I decide to try for # 2.  GL    
  • Options
    imagemrsDinMarch07:

^^MAK,

I understand exactly.? It's really hard to avoid thinking something is wrong.? I was convinced that those "it takes up to 12 months to concieve" stats only applied to people with irregular ovulation, etc.? That sh*t really gets in your head and you start doubting everything!? It's so hard to avoid, but I guess you just gotta try to trust that it will happen eventually.

Well said. ?As hard as it is, only time will tell! ?Can't do anything to change it. ?Although I wish I had a crystal ball that could just tell me :)?

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I recc NOT staying in bed.

My RE says "sperm know what way to go... and they want to swim UP"

LOL!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"