April 2012 Moms
Options

Mastitis?

Can you explain your symptoms to me? I very suddenly got a fever this morning, in combination with flu like symptoms aches, bit of an upset stomach, chills...but no breast pain yet. The fever was at 101.5 but is down to about 100 5 hours later.

Has anyone had mastitis with these symptoms first?  

Re: Mastitis?

• Options
    I heard it feels like the flu and that breast pain often comes after all of the other symptoms. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My first bout of mastitis (had it five times with DS) I went to my family doctor for the "flu". I had a 103.5 fever, aches, chills, stuffy nose. I had mastitis and a sinus infection. I didn't believe that doc so I saw an NP and she stated it was indeed mastitis. I had a PP appt with my OB a week later and that is when the breast pain started. Anytime my neck hurt and my shoulders, I knew I had mastitis.OB confirmed it each time.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lu24Lu24 member
    I had it about a week after giving birth. I definitely felt the breast pain first. It got worse, and the next morning I woke up with a fever and major body aches. It was awful. The antibiotics helped quickly, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have it right now! Tuesday night before bed I noticed that my left breast was hurting really bad under my armpit (it felt like I was engorged) and it was really hard. I fed DS assuming that would relieve the pain and it only hurt worse. Yesterday morning I woke up feeling achy and feverish with even more breast pain. My temperature was 102 so I called the doc and he was able to get me some antibiotics which are helping already. I hope you don't have mastitis--it's no fun! Get well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"