January 2011 Moms
Options

Clicky: Convertible/ Toddler Carseats

Sorry no SS. If you have two cars, then choose the one you use the most. If you use them equally, choose your car. [Poll]

Re: Clicky: Convertible/ Toddler Carseats

• Options
    We use our cars equally. DH drops off in the morning, I pick up in the afternoon. His car has her in the middle bc he has a sedan and we think that's best, but I have a crossover and she's behind the driver's side. She's still RFing. I feel like we should switch her back to the middle... but it's been so convenient these last few weeks lol.
  • Options
    We have a mini-van so there is no middle, she is RF on driver side.  Since I SAH DH never has to pick DD up anywhere. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We flipped her to FF when we installed DD2's infant seat. I would've liked to RF longer, but DH sleeps in the car a lot and needs to be able to recline his seat. It's not possible to do that with a RF seat behind his, so we had to flip her. It's actually been really nice being able to see what she's up to and now we can safely hand her snacks/toys. We thought she was napping whenever we went places, but she was actually just being quiet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    We have her RF on the passenger side in both cars. There's not enough space behind the driver's side. We put mirrors up too so we can see what she's doing. The other day we were in my sister's car whose seats are FF and DD was so excited the whole time.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

We recently moved him to the middle, RF because DH kept complaining he was sitting in the dashboard. We only have 1 carseat and it's in my Honda Pilot and I don't let DH drive it cause then I get carsick. 

However, after DH spilled gas in my truck I've put the carseat in his little hot rod so it's passenger side RF.

I will say 2 things: middle is a real pain in the @ss to get LO into. And also, having the mirror so I can see him is so important to me! 

• Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

We recently moved him to the middle, RF because DH kept complaining he was sitting in the dashboard. We only have 1 carseat and it's in my Honda Pilot and I don't let DH drive it cause then I get carsick. 

However, after DH spilled gas in my truck I've put the carseat in his little hot rod so it's passenger side RF.

I will say 2 things: middle is a real pain in the @ss to get LO into. And also, having the mirror so I can see him is so important to me! 

Yes, especially when pregnant. We have a rotating carseat, so it's really nice to rotate it to the side to put her in, when it's on one side of the car....as opposed to the middle.

• Options
    Middle RF. I'm scared to turn FF!!
  • Options

In my car it is on the Passenger Side RF.  DH can't get the seat far enough back to drive if it is RF behind the driver or in the middle.

In DH's truck it is RF - middle.  I can't reach the seat when standing on the ground in his truck.

We had to go FF passenger side in the Jeep.  There is no middle seat in the back & not enough room to RF.  He will not ride in it very often.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FF on the passenger side in both cars.  At first it was just in DH's car because I couldn't get it in tight enough RF but she did so much better that I switched the one in my car too.  She was screaming and freaking out to the point she was gagging herself and throwing up even on the shortest drives and we were both crying if we got stuck in any traffic (which happens a lot around here) it was so bad.  We couldn't even go to the store right down the road without me shaking from being so overwhelmed from her screaming so much and her covered in snot and puke.  I still get crazy nervous about getting in an accident but I can actually focus on driving now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    imageHALFM00N:
    imageMrsLynnyD:

Yes, especially when pregnant. We have a rotating carseat, so it's really nice to rotate it to the side to put her in, when it's on one side of the car....as opposed to the middle.

Did I miss this? Are you expecting?

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    imageRedZee:
    imageHALFM00N:
    imageMrsLynnyD:

Did I miss this? Are you expecting?

No I was just relating to her and a big tummy (my tummy always got in the way when I was preg). I'll tell you guys from the first day, don't worry lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"