actual or adjusted age? — The Bump
Preemies

actual or adjusted age?

growth spurts? i keep reading about 3 week, 6 week growth spurts (and more..) mine is 1 month actual (see sig for adjusted) but i don't remember her acting differently last week. do growth spurts occur at actual or adjusted age?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: actual or adjusted age?

• I think it happens around their adjusted age.  Don't forget every baby, wether preemie or not is different and hits milestones at different times.  I also found that her growth spurts were subtle and I didn't realize they had happened until the next week.
    Heather-Never Gave Up! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • At first it was both actual and adjusted.  Then adjusted and now actual again. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I always went by adjusted, but I think she usually averaged between actual and adjusted.  As BK said, it's so different for each kiddo, even FT ones.  
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • It was adjusted for a while - now he's starting to have more milestones at actual. There's a range around that time set for a milestone, though, so I think with a late term preemie you'll probably be closer to actual (give or take).

Hope you get these comments! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards