Military Families
Options

plan has been set in motion...

Well, today was the first in a series of actions of some life events today. 

AT, baby, deploy.

It seems like in my mind that's how it's been broken down and this just brings us one step closer to him being away.

I stop my meds to calm the pre-term labor once he gets back from AT and I can only hope that I don't go into labor while he's away.  Then the baby is due anyday after that.  And in the next few months, he's set to deploy.

I know everyone always says the waiting if the worst part.  He's being attached to another unit so there's really been no 'official communication' about dates so we've just been told estimates at this point. 

To make it more real, received the letter in the mail today from NG about the pre-mobilization meeting.  So, here we go again.  Just hope that I have the baby after the meeting or in early July so I can attend.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: plan has been set in motion...

• Options
    *hugs* The pre-deployment period really is the worst.  Hope you get some time together as a family to enjoy the new baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

imageNavyPilotWife:
    *hugs* The pre-deployment period really is the worst.  Hope you get some time together as a family to enjoy the new baby.

I agree - the pre-deployment period is really the worst part of the deployment.  Once he deploys and you settle into a routine, it's not nearly as bad... and having a baby to keep you busy during the deployment will make the time go by much more quickly.  I'm not entirely sure where 8 months went, but DH was home for the birth, went to the mob station for a month, came home for a couple days when LO was a month old, and then deployed overseas and didn't come home until LO was 8 months old.  Looking back, I'm not really sure where the time went, I was so busy taking care of LO.

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks - that is reassuring that the time will go by quickly once it does start.

I'm such a planner so it is also killing me that we have no real dates.  I'd like to try and squeeze in a vacation to the beach that my DH promised DD#1, trying to figure out the best date for induction so that we might be able to have some post-partum "couple" time before he leaves, and in the meantime not stress out since I'm at risk for pre-term labor and contractions have been crazy since he left yesterday and I got that silly letter.

One silver liner is that my DH works for the school system so when he gets back he'll be around 100% until school starts again.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"