March 2012 Moms
Options

What are you planning for Father's Day?

Any big plans for Father's Day or special gifts that you plan to give? My husband hates gifts or "days" for anything but that doesn't stop us from celebrating them!  For Mother's Day, he gave me one of those molds that you do of the baby's foot so I think I'm going to break that out, make the mold and then wrap it back up and give it back to him as his gift. He'll get a laugh out of it. I also saw someone on the 3-6 month board that got big letters that spelled out DAD and took different pics of the baby with each letter and made a kind of triptych with them so I'm thinking about doing something like that as his real gift. Those are the kinds of things that he really does like and I like doing them, too. It's a win-win.

What are you guys, if anything, going to do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you planning for Father's Day?

• Options
    I know this is horrible but... im not doing anything. I made a point buy his mother, my mother, and my step mother a card for mothers day . They each recieved one from my husband and I .. and then I made sure they each got one from LO.  Long story short. I didnt even get a card. I knows it very inmature of me but all I asked for was a card to put in my box to keep. I mean... they are 50cents at the dollar tree. His excuse was that he forgot. So im thinking mine will be I forgot too. .....but I doubt I will... Im prob going to give in and get him something. I always do even when he forgets.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options

imagecvick612:
    I know this is horrible but... im not doing anything. I made a point buy his mother, my mother, and my step mother a card for mothers day . They each recieved one from my husband and I .. and then I made sure they each got one from LO.  Long story short. I didnt even get a card. I knows it very inmature of me but all I asked for was a card to put in my box to keep. I mean... they are 50cents at the dollar tree. His excuse was that he forgot. So im thinking mine will be I forgot too. .....but I doubt I will... Im prob going to give in and get him something. I always do even when he forgets.

Get an empty medicine bottle and fill it with white tick tax...then put a label on it that says Alzheimers Medicine....since he is so forgetful. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Zoe was born 2/24/12 (17 days early) and Isabella is so excited to be a big sis! Thinking about having one more kiddo...we'll see. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagealissadg:

imagecvick612:

Get an empty medicine bottle and fill it with white tick tax...then put a label on it that says Alzheimers Medicine....since he is so forgetful. 

Sounds like a great idea! I know that its my hormones but it really pi**ed me off.

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options
    kel716kel716 member

Last year, DS and I made this:

This year, I intend on making new pictures to go over them- one with DS, one with DD, and the "A" with both of them. 

ETA:  I also got him a nice cooler that he needed since he umpires almost every weekend during the summer, and filled it with a few random things I thought he'd like.  Lastly, DS's name has both a D and an A in it, so I just took the letters down from his wall and put them back up... he was none the wiser.  :)   

• Options
    Jen524Jen524 member

imagecvick612:

I can totally relate.  My DH slept in on Mother's Day and wondered why we weren't in the bedroom with him when he woke up.  DD2 is still in our room.  DD1 had been up, so I tended to the kids and he slept in another two hours...I was a bit crabby about that.  We did go out to lunch.  Maybe we will do that for Father's Day.

BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options

LOL Sorry to turn this to Husband bashing but I agree with other posters. I almost don't want to give him anything - if it wasn't his FIRST father's day, I probably wouldn't.  For mother's day, he greeted me, then was just a normal day for him.  He went out to skate/long-board like every Sunday for a couple of hours during the day, then had a few drinks with my brother.  Like, REALLY?!!!  Granted we are not big on celebrating anything. BUT STILL, I was hurt. 

RANT OVER. lol.

For Father's day, I am thinking of just doing a mini "Dad and Son  photoshoot" (Though I am not a photographer by any means) I am hoping there'd be at least one good photo we can print and frame.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    These responses are somehow far better than I expected. I love that everyone is thinking of ways to slight their husbands on Father's Day. And here I thought someone would give me a hard time for recycling his gift to me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"