Special Needs

Where did you get your compression vest?

There are a zillion sites out there---not sure which have decent quality ones at decent prices.  My son definitely needs one for home (he already uses one daily in school but doesn't have one for the summer while he's awaiting ESY--he's even ASKING for it!!!  Yikes)

Also---is the national autism resources website (store) actually a reputable site or is it a "wanna-be" site?  Seems pretty awesome--but don't want to get taken either. 

Re: Where did you get your compression vest?

• We got ours from Fun and Functional...it's both a compression vest and weighted vest, but the weights are easily removed and put back in (pockets)...

As the weather is heating up and the vests are not made of the most breathable material (my daughter gets irritable when hot)...I had someone on Etsy make a compression leotard (with velcro crotch for toilet training)...not sure how that might work for a boy...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We get our suits & vests from SPIO, they were created at our therapy center but can be ordered online as well. They are breathable for hot weather & have a few different options with shorts/short sleeve suits for summer. They also come in black, blue & pink, DS loves his blue "super-hero" suit! :)

Their website is www.spioworks.org

They are awesome about replacing anything that doesn't fit quite right as well! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you seen if your insurance company will cover it yet? My OT is ordering ours and my insurance picked up the tab.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKC_13:
    Have you seen if your insurance company will cover it yet? My OT is ordering ours and my insurance picked up the tab.

No kidding?!   I had no idea.  I will check in to that!!!  Thank you.

And thank you ladies for the recommendation.

• SPIO will bill your insurance if u have an rx from your OT . You'd just need to email/fax it to them. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"