Special Needs
Options

My little guy is here

I thought I went into labor Friday (DS1's birthday) but it died off in the evening.  Saturday I woke up and had contractions all day, which again died off and we went to dinner for DS's birthday with my parents.  Around 8pm I got so tired and went and laid in bed.  I started having some strong irregular contractions and DH came upstairs and showered so in case we had to leave.

I was really in denial that this was it, but by 10:30 I was semi concerned so we decided to go the hospital.  I was checked at 11:30 and was already 5cm.  I decided to go without medication and was pushing around 5:55.  DS was born at 6:04AM weighing 8lb9oz.

The pedi has a bit of concern about DS.  He has a small chin like DS1 does (but I think it looks just like mine at birth), he's not very hungry and his legs are a little stiff.  

However, DS1 was so hypertonic at birth that I didn't have to support his head, he had no suck/swallow and microcephaly.  According to the geneticist back when we were testing family members for the same mutation she said that any other males would have to have the same symptoms or be more severe.  So I'm holding on to that as hope for now until we get up to the hospital to see the geneticist. (DS1 has an XLID and I'm a carrier)  No matter what, he's adorable and was born with a full head of dark hair.  

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: My little guy is here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"