St. Louis Babies

Driving distance to Ob/Gyn and Hospital

Here's a little backstory: My DH and I just recently moved for his new job and I have to find a new Ob/Gyn. We are in a small town, about an hour or so south of St. Louis. There aren't really any doctors in the area to choose from and I want to start TTC before the year is up. Is the drive to St. Louis for all of the appointments and delivery feasible, or is it just too far to drive?

Re: Driving distance to Ob/Gyn and Hospital

• I'm not sure...is there nothing closer to you? I think it's apersonal decision you need to make. I will tell you that with my first pregnancy, I lived in a small towe howrrible healthcare. I drove 45 mins one way to get to the dr/hospital. It was worth it for me because of the quality of care I received. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • depends, what small town are you in? 

if your south---hwy 55, just go ahead and pass up st anthonys and st marys and des peres and fin you a dr @ the Main st.johns/mercy @ hwy 270 & 40 

but there's a st johns/mercy hosp in washington mo, check that out maybe its a little closer....

it will only be a pain to make the drive near the end as the 9th month you go 4 times and months 7 & 8 you go twice a month other than that its only once a month

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • We are in Chester, IL. The couple that rented our house before us didn't recommend any of the doctors in town; they said they are all crazy. The closest big town is an hour away in any direction. I looked at Washington, MO, and it's even farther away.

Anyone have any reviews on Dr. Reining at Women's Care Consultants?

• I use Dr. Reining and I think she is FANTASTIC.  She always takes time to answer all of my questions in detail, never seems like she's in a rush, and just has a generally calming, kind disposition.  We haven't delivered yet, however, she is very willing to work with our birth plan and she tells us that she delivers about 98% of her patients.

I would recommend her for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"