August 2012 Moms
Options

Teehee friend of a friends' facebook baby shower invite...

I had never seen a fb shower invite to date, but I finally got my lucky day!  read on... 

"Its baby shower time!!! the days are flying by and in a couple more months our little baby boy will be born! (expected due date aug 2nd)!!!) :)  all of you are invited to come celebrate with is on june 23 bring your friends and family too.  there will be food and drink.  look forward to seeing everyone there! xoxoxoxo." (-the soon to be mother and father)

First comment on the invite page: "We are with the Baby's R Us registry just go there for some Ideas" (-the soon to be father) 

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Teehee friend of a friends' facebook baby shower invite...

• Options
    Oh dear.  There are so many levels of tackiness here I can't even think of something clever to post in response.

• Options
    yikes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HAHA that is *almost* as good as the WEDDING invite I got on Facebook! Yes that is right someone did Facebook invites for their wedding! I still can't get over that one! 
    IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The start of many FB invites from them. Next  is the come meet the baby but only if you bring food and do laundry invite with a list of chores attached and items still needed for baby.  Then there's the baby's first tooth party (bring money for future dental treatments).  Then the gigantic 1st birthday party with registry info attached, it is never going to end!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    Posted twice.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    I don't see it as any worse as the girl holding a Kegger party for diapers.
  • Options
    Hahaha this made my whole morning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SGC29SGC29 member
  • Options

While I think the grammar is abhorant in the actual invite, I think it's important to recognize a few things here.

a) Baby shower invitations can be expensive. Even at Walmart or Target they're at least $5 for a pack of ten. Add postage on top of that, and it can be a significant expense for a couple on a tight budget.

b) The father's post is no worse than putting your registry information on your baby shower invite.

But then again... I don't really know much since I'm the girl whose best friends thought it'd be fun to have a keg party & bring diapers.

• Options
    imagebribliss6376:

While I think the grammar is abhorant in the actual invite, I think it's important to recognize a few things here.

a) Baby shower invitations can be expensive. Even at Walmart or Target they're at least $5 for a pack of ten. Add postage on top of that, and it can be a significant expense for a couple on a tight budget.

b) The father's post is no worse than putting your registry information on your baby shower invite.

But then again... I don't really know much since I'm the girl whose best friends thought it'd be fun to have a keg party & bring diapers.

The biggest issue is that they are throwing their own shower...the rest is just added klass.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagebribliss6376:

If you can't afford invites then you probably shouldn't be having a baby. And it's usually the hostess who does these things anyway, but in this case that seems to be a non-existent position.

• Options
    imagebribliss6376:

I agree.  While the grammar is atrocious, I don't see a problem with FB invites.  In fact, my invites are going out on Facebook.  I think this gives people a more convenient way of RSVPing.  It was, however, my choice since I would rather my friends not have to spend money on invites. Although, I would draw the line at wedding invitations.

• Options

I HATE the fb e-vites thing. It seems like I rarely get actual invites in the mail anymore, everything is being replaced with fb.

Like this morning I woke up to a wonderful klassy status of "Message me if you want to come to my baby shower!!!!" By a girl having her 4th child. 3rd boy.

• Options
    I must be in the minority.  I think the electronic invites are so much more handy then the paper invites.  I think times are a changing ladies.  :)
  • Options

My SIL, the host of my baby shower had sent out Facebook invites as well as paper invites. The FB invites went out 7 weeks before the shower and the mailed invites are going out 3 weeks before. I kinda viewed it as a "save the date notification' also on the FB invite it has a map with directions and allows ppl to RSVP there, which ppl are way more likely to do then actually call in there RSVP. I found it to be helpful and I had no problem with it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMom2Madelyn:
    I must be in the minority.  I think the electronic invites are so much more handy then the paper invites.  I think times are a changing ladies.  :)
    I agree.  Not everyone can a) afford paper invites and b) has someone willing to throw them a shower.

I got lucky that i have a friend doing it for me, but that's not always an option.  yes FB e-vites are a little on the tacky side, and i think Wedding ones should still be paper, for everything else I don't see the issue either.

I sold Pampered Chef for a while, and paper invites there didn't get much response while the e-mail invites we all sent out brought a much better RSVP rate.

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options

I have been invited to a few baby showers with Facebook invites.  My mom knows how much that would drive me insane so she had some printed for me.

My wedding shower, my MIL sent hers by email to her side of the family which irked me and they had a fill in our own address on envelope station for a door prize.  EEEK!  I guess I wasn't planning so I had no say!

I also was invited to a destination wedding via Facebook.. lame!

I have a private Facebook group for my close friends and family where I post pictures and stuff about the baby and on there I posted a save the date for the shower as per my moms request (she doesn't have Facebook).  I hope that nobody thought I was tacky!

My biggest shower pet peeves are these:  We're having a BBQ shower, come to our house between this time and this time.  So pretty much we're hosting our own shower, too lazy to plan anything, just drop by with a gift.

• Options

imageMom2Madelyn:

I do agree with this, but I mean come on, at least do an Evite.  On Facebook it is more tacky. 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options
    imagelatnprincess:

imageMom2Madelyn:

I do agree with this, but I mean come on, at least do an Evite.  On Facebook it is more tacky. 

I seriously have no problems with Evites, and there is another site to send something similar that was even nicer (got a gorgeous invite to a 1st birthday party, wish I could remember the site) but Facebook invites are plain tacky!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"