2nd Trimester
Options

Sudden dark spot on face

I just went to the restroom and thought I had a smudge of dirt on the side of my face about the size of a dime.  But I washed, scrubbed, etc. only to realize that it's a dark oval-shaped spot in my skin.  This was not there yesterday and it's dark enough that it's even kind of hard to cover with makeup.  Should I have this checked out or does this sound normal for nearly-third-trimester pregnancy?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sudden dark spot on face

• Options
    My co-worker got dark spots on her face during her last pregnancy (She gave birth in February).  It is "pregnancy mask".  She just went to the dermatologist for it last week and they gave her a special skin cream and moisturizer.  I don't think that they can really do anything for it until after you have your child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, this could be chloasma (pregnancy mask).  I have a red spot on the bridge of my nose that appeared when I was 5 weeks pregnant and has not gone away!  So strange! 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageangieboldt:
    Yep, this could be chloasma (pregnancy mask).  I have a red spot on the bridge of my nose that appeared when I was 5 weeks pregnant and has not gone away!  So strange! 

I have a couple of red spots too. They showed up with my last pregnancy and came back again with this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"