November 2012 Moms

How long were you TTC before getting pregnant?

I just got married 6 months ago in November and my life has been such a joy! My husband and I are thrilled to have a baby this year. I honestly didn't think I'd get pregnant that fast after the wedding. I stopped taking the pill after the wedding and didn't get my period for 2 months from being irregular. And the past 5 yrs have been nightmarish from abnormal paps, colposcopy, and LEEP procedure. If anyone was going to have trouble, I thought it'd be me. I was extremely thrilled when I my prenancy test came back positive in March. I know friends that are going through infertility and IVF, and feel so badly for them.

How long were you trying before getting pregnant? I got pregnant after trying for 3 months. No matter what, I hope we all know how lucky and blessed we are to have a baby this year. With so many couples having a hard time, I don't take this time for granted at all. Lucky us! =) Continued healthy pregnancies to you all!

Re: How long were you TTC before getting pregnant?

• we were trying for atleast a year, then finally gave up because it just wasn't happening.  a couple months after that......bam!  i'm so excited to be a mom!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got pregnant the first month we tried with this pregnancy. It took two months with DS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We were very lucky to get preg in the 2nd cycle. Our DS was a surprise :)
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dicer2dicer2 member

We had to do IVF to have my son.  I stopped breastfeeding in January in order to get back to normal and prepare for a frozen embryo transfer later in the year.  I got pregnant without even having a period!  My son was a miracle and so is this baby, but in the opposite way.

Pregnancy Ticker

• DH and I decided to try in July of 2011 we got pregnant in September of 2011 and miscarried in October.  I waited for two cycles after that, so we started again in late december and got pregnant in March of this year.  So off and on for about 8 months.  
  • We were extremely lucky and got pg the first month TTC with my DD, and the second month this time around. I am thankful every day and don't take it for granted either, especially after seeing so many of my friends struggle with IF.
  • For DD it took us 2 months. We were TTA when this LO surprised us. It breaks my heart when others have to try so hard and so long but no matter the circumstances, it's such an incredible blessing in the end.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • I got pregnant the first cycle with DD and this pregnancy.  I also don't take it for granted and am extremely thankful! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got pregnant after 5 months of TTC, sadly, that pregnancy ended in MC at 9 weeks.  I then did not get AF for 3 months, after MC.  We waited one or two cycles to start TTC once AF returned.  I was then shocked to get pregnant on the first month TTC, post MC. 
  • We decided in June of 2010 to start trying (we got married in Sept of 2009). I was pregnant by the 4th of July... but it ended in a blighted ovum on August 18th. Then, I waited until my October period to start trying and it took 16 months to get pregnant again! I ended up taking follistim and ovudrel to get pregnant. I didn't want to do IUI or IVF and fortunately, we didn't need to.

This baby is a miracle :)

Counting down the days until my little princess arrives! BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Add me to the list of getting lucky the first month. I think I'm still in shock about it !
    "Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • We started trying in August 2011 and nothing was happening so in Jan 2012 I bought the ovulation predictor and got pregnant in February. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • It took my DH andI over a year.  We actually had an appointment set up to see a fetility specilaist and then got pregnant!

I'm so excited and cannot wait to meet my little one! 

• We got pregnant on the 7th total cycle of trying (2nd cycle using ovulation kit).
  • 11 cycles before we got PG last year.  I had a M/C in October.  First AF was in December so we waited 1 cycle after that.  Got PG again 3 cycles post-M/C.  By the time baby arrives, he or she will be over 2 years in the making.
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • Took a little over two years for us.  

I went off the pill in October 2009 and we started trying then. My periods were irregular (doctors couldn't find any reason why, my sis has PCOS so thought maybe it was that but nope, everything seemed normal and he said probably stress) and after several negative tests month after month, I just stopped testing. They seemed to be getting regular on a 33 day cycle around December of 2011. When AF didn't show up in the beginning of March (and feeling like I was going to throw up if I didn't eat every two hours), hubby said maybe you should take a test. I said why it's just gonna be a negative but I did it anyway and imagine my shock when I got that BFP :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It took us 4 cycles. I started using OPKs and charting during my second cycle. I'm really glad I used the OPK because our lucky cycle I ovulated super early (CD10)!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagealphaphi98:

I just got married 6 months ago in November and my life has been such a joy! My husband and I are thrilled to have a baby this year. I honestly didn't think I'd get pregnant that fast after the wedding. I stopped taking the pill after the wedding and didn't get my period for 2 months from being irregular. And the past 5 yrs have been nightmarish from abnormal paps, colposcopy, and LEEP procedure. If anyone was going to have trouble, I thought it'd be me. I was extremely thrilled when I my prenancy test came back positive in March. I know friends that are going through infertility and IVF, and feel so badly for them.

How long were you trying before getting pregnant? I got pregnant after trying for 3 months. No matter what, I hope we all know how lucky and blessed we are to have a baby this year. With so many couples having a hard time, I don't take this time for granted at all. Lucky us! =) Continued healthy pregnancies to you all!

Your history sounds JUST like mine, ugh. I am sorry you had to go through that! I was worried about being able to get pregnant as well and I was off BC for six months before getting pregnant. I had long irregular cycles and the BFP was a surprise! We were going to start officially trying this summer, but  we were blessed early and I think God's plan was a lot better than ours.

• I got pregnant my first cycle after going off the pill. I had been on the pill for around 8 years, so we were shocked it happened so fast.
  • We did the whole "not trying, let's see what happens" thing.  I had stopped birth control with the expectation that it could take a while...i had been on it for like 8 years.  I didn't track ovulation or anything, we thought we would see what happens and if nothing did, then we would "try" after 6 months.  We got pregnant the 3rd month, and I know that is a huge blessing!  I have seen so many struggle with fertility, and I am so thankful for our little growing baby!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • It took us a long 16 months.

So excited to be due before 2013!

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • 2 months for my first pregnancy, which ended in a MC.  1 month for my 2nd pregnancy which also ended in a MC and then about 8 months for this one.  I'm so grateful to still be pregnant and with twins!  I appreciate each and every passing day of this pregnancy.  
    D & R were born at 37w5d.

• DS - 3 cycles @ 36 yo

Loss - 2 cycles @ 40 yo

Current pg - 3 cycles @ 40 yo

• imagepixe123:

It took my DH andI over a year.  We actually had an appointment set up to see a fetility specilaist and then got pregnant!

I'm so excited and cannot wait to meet my little one! 

Wow, completely the same for us... funny how things turn out! :o)

image"">image"">imageimage

• 15 months with my DS. This time we were actually TTA. Surprise!
    Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
  • 4 months.  I actually thought I was past the "prime time" when I took a test, but I took it anyway...  And surprise, BFP. :)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • I went off BC in November and we just tried by hoping we hit the right days, for two months. Then for the third cycle I charted, used OPKs & temping, and it worked. So, 3 cycles.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers 
  • With my first it happened pretty fast for me actually and that was a shock..  I got married in August 2010 and we knew that we wanted to start a family right away so I stopped taking bc in June.  Well my OB said that since I'd been on bc for so long that it could take up to a year for me to get pregnant but October 2011 we got a positive pregnancy test!

With my upcoming baby we decided to have them pretty close in age rather than spread them apart so we start trying in December and we got a positive pregnancy test in April.  

• 9 months of trying but 19 months of time...

Started trying

got pg after 4 months/cycles

lost that baby at 8w (D&C)

took 5 months for AF to return

got pg again after 4 cycles (after af)

lost that baby after 11w (nat mc)

had surgery to remove scar tissue from my d&c (possible cause for 2nd mc)

got pg right away after that Smile

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• GHBEAGHBEA member
    After my M/C it took 5 months to get pregnant.  
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were trying for 26 months and it was the longest 26 months of my life.  I had several test done on me and there was nothing found.  DH had a SA and passed with flying colors.  January 2012 we decided we were only going to give it 6 more months of trying then we were going to take the next step with fertility meds, treatments, etc.  We are both completely overly excited for our LO.
  • we started TTC in feb 2010 I got preg in Sept but mc in Oct. Then at the end of Aug 2011 I began having horrible pain in my abdomen after several u/s they found cysts all over my left ovary and in Oct they removed it and the fallopian tube. Luckily no cancer. Since DH and I have problems conceiving to begin with my OB told me my chances were seriously slim to conceive again. So we just decided it wasn't meant to be. On a whim in march I took a preg test and it was positive. We are so happy!!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • We got pregnant the first try only because I feel when I ovulate (which is rarely) and knew when we needed to get busy. My LMP was 12/27/11 but I O'd 2/26-2/2712. I feel like we got really lucky since I'm so irregular and have endometriosis.
  • milescmilesc member

3 months after going off the pill for DD

LO#2- first month trying (I decided to give charting a shot, looks like it worked!) 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Almost 3 years.
  • Zero cycles and on the pill for 12 years.  Total surprise.
  • We were trying for 19 months before we got pregnant.
  • Two months for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • With my DS it took us 3 months ( I also didn't track ovulation or anything, we figured when its our time it will happen) and with this LO we concieved the first month of TTC. We are very blessed :)
  • RitaT22RitaT22 member
    My first pregnancy was a welcome surprise Big Smile This one came after a month of trying.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"