Baby Showers
Options

Thank you note ettiquette

Someone from my work threw me a shower and it was great - it was held at her house outside of work hours (this is the norm for my office).

I'm doing thank you notes now and I will deliver them to people at work - but two of the girls who attended are both on their mat leave now themselves.  I don't know their addresses.

Would it be better for me to just send them a thank you message on Facebook or should I ask for their addresses on Facebook? 

Also just to note usually for showers at my work people just send out a thank you email to everyone attended but I want to do actual thank you notes...it may be a cultural thing because everybody else whose had a baby shower since I started working there grew up in China where showers are not the norm, so they don't know the ettiquette.  These two girls didn't send thank you notes just emails for their showers so I don't want to sound awkward asking for an address for a thank you note to them.

What's your take on the ettiquette in this situation?

Re: Thank you note ettiquette

• Options
    I'd ask for their addresses. Then you not only get to write them a proper thank you note, but you teach them a little piece of American etiquette! Yay!
  • Options

Can you ask at work for their addresses? They should be on file.  I'm not sure wheter or not your boss would be allowed to tell you, though.

You could send them an e-mail and then leave the cards for them at work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eav2ceav2c member
    Ask for their addresses and send a card.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"