Illinois Babies
Options

Edwards vs Good Sam?

Anyone have experience delivering at either of these places?
TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Edwards vs Good Sam?

• Options

I LOVED my experience delivering at Edward, the nurses and lactation consultants were wonderful. I took classes there prior to delivery and they were all of high quality. My delivery turned from a vaginal to an emergency c-section for fetal distress and they handled it fabulously. 

I'm having my second this Winter and I'll be there again. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    I don't have experience delivering at Edwards but I have a lot of experience with the hospital. In September my BIL was in a car accident where he wound up underwater for 8 minutes. The staff there was amazing. We all knew there was almost no chance that he would survive and if he did there would be serious deficits. Thanks to the amazing staff at Edwards not only is he alive, he is also completely healthy and they figured out what triggered the seizure that caused the accident so that it doesn't happen again. If i lived closer to Edwards it would definitely be my hospital of choice. The ER, ICU, and General floor staff were all amazing and attentive. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They are both great hospitals, but I do have a certain loyalty to Edwards. This will be my 4th delivery @ Edwards... eventhough Good Sam in much, much closer for us. They both have a great staff and facilities. (My 9 year old just had his appendix out at Good Sam and we had a great experience despite.) 

If your doctor can deliver you at either- I would recommend a tour of both facilities and trust your gut from there... 

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I REALLY RECOMEND GOOD SAM!!Yes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"