Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Questions about Halo SleepSack wearable blankets

FTM here, so please forgive my ignorance.

I read lots of raves about Halo SleepSack here - are most of you talking about their wearable blankets/sleepsack?  Do you use the sleepsack after your LO is done with swaddling?  At what month/age do you start putting your LO in a sleepsack?

I'm due end of October and I live in New England.  We like to keep our house on the cool side, so LO definitely needs to be clothed warmly.  I see that the Halo Sleepsack comes in micro-fleece material for colder climates. 

I'm just not sure what size I should get - if I swaddle LO for the first 6 months, then I won't need a sleepsack until April?  By then it'll be warm enough to get just the cotton sleepsack instead of the micro-fleece.  However, if LO is only swaddled for 3 months, then I guess I should get a small micro-fleece sleepsack? 

As you can see, I'm completely confused on what/which I should get; and I'd hate to buy something and not use it at all.  TIA!

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions about Halo SleepSack wearable blankets

• Options

My daughter lived in these until just several months ago when we moved her to her big girl bed, she was 2.5 years old!  We LOVE them...I'll try to explain it as clearly as I can to help you out.

Halo makes sleepsacks AND swaddlers.  In the beginning (from the second we brought her home) we used the newborn Swaddlers, which is actually a sleepsack with another piece that velcros around the upper body to keep them "swaddled".  We tried regular swaddling, the miracle blanket, and like 2 other swaddlers and this one still worked the best for us because my daughter was always able to break free out of all of them except the Halo ones.  So we bought the newborn sized Swaddlers to start her with.  The extra swaddling piece comes off as well so if you decide you don't want to use the swaddling piece you can use it as a regular sleepsack as well.  We actually used the swaddling piece on the next size sleepsack as well because we swaddled her until about 3-4 months old and we were able to use the bigger sleepsack with the swaddling piece and it worked great!  

Link to what the swaddles look like:  https://www.halosleep.com/products/results/?product_category_id=9 

After that, we used the regular Halo sleepsacks.  We did use the microfleece in the winter and the cotton ones in the warmer temps.   If I were you, I'd get a Halo swaddler sleepsack to start to see if you like it, you can always get more of them if they work for you.  If they don't work for you, then you can of course just get the larger sizes for when your baby is done swaddling.  

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing!  All in all, we used the halo sleepsacks since birth!  Their swaddles were great!

Alicia Mrs. since 03.05.05 imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    thebokitheboki member
    What PP said.  We're using the the one witih the swaddler right now, and we're using the fleece even here in Los Angeles.  it's been breezy at night, and we have a/c on in the day.  I want to make sure she's warm enough.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm brand new at this. LO is only a few days old, but he does not like to be swaddled. I've tried several different kinds, but he just doesn't like it. He likes to sleep with both arms up by his head, so now at only 5 days old, we are using the sleep sacks and he loves them. He's contained, but can still move his arms. So I suggest getting a variety of things and just seeing what ur LO likes and then exchange or return the rest.
  • Options

I would wait to buy them until you need one.

All babies are different and you don't have any idea when your LO will stop wanting to be swaddled and what size they will be.  My DS wanted to be swaddled until about 4 months.  He was always on the bigger side (95 Percentile) so by that time he needed a bigger sleep sack.  My DD stopped wanting to be swaddled at about 2 months and she was (and still is) in the 5th percentile so she needed a small sack.  

DD has two sacks, a fleece one for when it's colder and a cotton one for when its warmer. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    After we were done swaddling, we moved to the sleepsack.  My DD loved being swaddled, and did it for 5 months.  Once she broke out of it, I bought the Baby Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit which we used for a month or so...and then moved to the sleepsacks for months.  Eventually we moved to a blanket once she was really mobile (like after she was walking - I can't remember exactly).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you for all your thoughtful replies!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    Linz-ELinz-E member
    We stopped swaddling about 4 months (it was spring time) and used the cotton sleep sacks, when winter came around we switched to the fleece. We honestly just stopped using them around 14 months when it got warmer here. I would wait to buy though until you know what size your baby will be. Not sure where in NE you are but Home Goods has them all the time for 9.99.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"