Single Parents
Options

Father's Day Q's

If you and you're XH/ BD/ Whatever are on good terms, what is your situation? And are you getting them anything for FD..if so, what?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father's Day Q's

• Options
    Cam1027Cam1027 member

I will be getting K's dad something for father's day, but it will be completely centered around my DS. We have a fairly decent relationship, but he barely even acknowledged that is was mother's day a few weeks ago so I was pretty hurt. I won't go over board but I will have DS make something, or he will get a picture of him or a hand print thing or something along those lines.
    He was suppose to spend that weekend with DS but he would rather not take him because he is playing in a volleyball tourny in another state. We really do have a decent relationship but unfortunately he is/always has been too centered on himself and his own happiness to see much beyond that. Basically the reason we are not together.  

• Options
    I generally just have our son make him a card
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCam1027:

I will be getting K's dad something for father's day, but it will be completely centered around my DS. We have a fairly decent relationship, but he barely even acknowledged that is was mother's day a few weeks ago so I was pretty hurt. I won't go over board but I will have DS make something, or he will get a picture of him or a hand print thing or something along those lines.
    He was suppose to spend that weekend with DS but he would rather not take him because he is playing in a volleyball tourny in another state. We really do have a decent relationship but unfortunately he is/always has been too centered on himself and his own happiness to see much beyond that. Basically the reason we are not together.  

Sounds like us. I know he really cares about DS and is trying, he just doesn't have his $h!* together just yet..he kinda just doesn't get it and doesn't realize like hey maybe I should call them more often to see how they're doing ..stuff like that blah blah blah. Anyways, we're on good terms though and I was gonna make a collage pic thing of DS at walgreens.com and just mail it to him (he lives in a diff state). Just curious about everyone else!

• Options
    My ex has asked to see DD on Father's Day, but she will be out of town at Leadership School. This is the first time in 16 years he's asked about seeing her, and I refuse to sit there with plans on hold on the off chance he MIGHT ask. He's less than happy, but what do you expect? Men really drive me crazy!!!
  • Options

My baby is still in my belly, and will be this fathers day so this year won't be anything lol.

However, he has a little girl from before he and I were married. Her mom always tried very hard to keep my ex involved in his daughter's life. He works out of the state and never bothered to come home or anything (for holidays, his daughter's birthday, fathers day) even when he could. Anyway, she always had his daughter call him and tell him happy fathers day and well as helped her make a card for him. Even though I don't think he deserved it (sounds harsh I know, but really the way this "man" acted she went above and beyond in my opinion) I always admired her for putting forth the effort because I know if the roles were switched he would have gone out of his way to ignore his daughter's mom on days like that.

I think I'm going to follow her lead and always do at least a little something to make sure that I was always the one that tried.

imageimage Visit The Nest! BabyFetus Ticker :.:.Dear baby boy, No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.:.:
  • Options
    imageashleyann331:

My baby is still in my belly, and will be this fathers day so this year won't be anything lol.

However, he has a little girl from before he and I were married. Her mom always tried very hard to keep my ex involved in his daughter's life. He works out of the state and never bothered to come home or anything (for holidays, his daughter's birthday, fathers day) even when he could. Anyway, she always had his daughter call him and tell him happy fathers day and well as helped her make a card for him. Even though I don't think he deserved it (sounds harsh I know, but really the way this "man" acted she went above and beyond in my opinion) I always admired her for putting forth the effort because I know if the roles were switched he would have gone out of his way to ignore his daughter's mom on days like that.

I think I'm going to follow her lead and always do at least a little something to make sure that I was always the one that tried.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"