LGBT Parenting
Options

IUI tomorrow, but I might have screwed it up timing

I had my second ultrasound yesterday. I had three follicles 21mm, 17mm, and 13mm. I was supposed to give myself a trigger shot super early this morning, but I overslept (aargh....can't believe I did that!). I ended up giving it to myself 3.5 hours later. My RE like to do IUI at 36 hours past trigger. Now I won't exactly be spot on for the 36 hour mark, but does it matter that much? I have read that IUI after trigger can take place from 24 - 36 hours. Is that correct? If so, I think it will be OK. Trying to stay calm. I have yet to have a "perfect" cycle, if that even exists. 

BG 

Re: IUI tomorrow, but I might have screwed it up timing

• Options

My IUI is tomorrow too!  Good luck!

I'm no expert on trigger shots -- all 3 times I've used one, I started surging on my own, had the IUI scheduled for the next day, and was told to take the trigger as a "boost."  BUT I don't think those 3.5 hours will make that much of a difference.  I'm pretty sure the sperm can live inside you longer than that, so even if your egg is not released until the 36 hour mark exactly, it should be OK.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are correct that the trigger makes the egg release within 24-36 hours. Frozen sperm will survive 12 to 24 hours once thawed. Your egg is good for about 24 hours once released. All in all your timing should be fine. If you don't release until closer to the 36 hour mark then the sperm will just have had a chance to get closer to the egg. We did our iui 24ish hours after trigger/surge. Good luck and baby dust to you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"