January 2011 Moms
Options

VERY Important CP

Ok, not really, but...[Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VERY Important CP

• Options
    I always load up except the sharp knives. I feel like they get cleaner and have less spots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey I do down, DH does up. I always seem to notice leftover gunk when they are up so I don't know if it helps. Do you know which is better, if any? lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageskibi83:
    I always load up except the sharp knives. I feel like they get cleaner and have less spots.
    This.
  • Options

The silverware basket on my dishwasher has three compartments - two have slots where you can slide the silverware in - those have to turned up.  Knives do not fit those slots so the they go down in the third compartment.  It all seems to come out clean but we rarely use the dishwasher.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageskibi83:

Ditto - plus I don't want DD grabbing the knives with her little hands.

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    Down. DH feels extremely passionate about this. That way, when you take them out you're only touching the handles and not the part that's going to touch food and people's mouths.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

I load them all pointing down. We hand wash knives, so those aren't a concern, but I still get stabbed. We recently had a houseguest who loaded every utensil pointing up. When I went to fix it (yep, I'm nuts) I stabbed myself 3 times on the forks. I just don't get how that could be considered a good idea.

I never thought of RedZee's hubby's reasoning, but that makes total sense.

• Options
    imageSweetHurricane:

I load them all pointing down. We hand wash knives, so those aren't a concern, but I still get stabbed. We recently had a houseguest who loaded every utensil pointing up. When I went to fix it (yep, I'm nuts) I stabbed myself 3 times on the forks. I just don't get how that could be considered a good idea.

Also I don't like to touch any left over food on the forks/ spoons, etc. lol

• Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    imageSweetHurricane:

My mom reorganizes the dishwasher whenever anyone else loads it. Even if you think you're doing it just like she does, it's apparently wrong. Sometimes I just run it before she can see because I just want her to take a break!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    imageRedZee:
    imageSweetHurricane:

My mom reorganizes the dishwasher whenever anyone else loads it. Even if you think you're doing it just like she does, it's apparently wrong. Sometimes I just run it before she can see because I just want her to take a break!

DH told me to just run it and move on, but I couldn't. It wasn't even half full yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"