Pregnant after 35
Options

Brynna Clare arrived on 5/8 :)

Its been a wild ride!  We welcomed our beautiful girl, Brynna Clare into the world on May 8 at 3:46 a.m. She weighed 7lbs and was 19.5 inches long. I had to be induced one week prior to my due date because of low amniotic fluid.  Unfortunately I was not able to have the natural birth that I wanted, after 12 hours on pitocin I just couldn't take any more and asked for the epidural.  The birth itself was very peaceful, I could feel her moving down and felt when she left me and entered the world. She is perfect in every way and we are in love.  I'll try to post a photo once things settle down in our house!   

A couple days after we brought her home, her big sister came down with hand foot mouth disease (Coxsackie virus) and it has been AWFUL!  I've had to stay clear of my toddler as much as possible, which has been really, really hard. Finally big sister is getting better and then...  I came down with a fever of 102 last night. Not sure if its viral, or ??  Going to the OB this afternoon to make sure its not mastitis or a uterine infection.  Fingers crossed we are turning a corner, I just want all of us to be healthy and am praying baby girl doesn't get sick.  I wish all of you well with your births and will be hanging out on Parenting over 35 when I have time for the computer :)  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Brynna Clare arrived on 5/8 :)

• Options
    steverstever member

Congrats and welcome to the world Brynna!

And I'm really hoping DD1 is healthy soon. How awful for her to have to be kept away from you and DD2 right now :(

• Options

Much congrats to you!   Hoping for good health for everyone in your family!

imagehijoi:

Congrats to you!!!!!  Sorry to hear that you didn't get the natural birth you wanted, but holy crap- you went 12 hours on pit (aka Satan's blood) before you got the epi?  Rock on!

Amen to this!  I had pitocin with my DD when I wasnt progressing.  I, too, had wanted a natural birth.  Ha!  After 3 hours I got the epi.  PIT IS BRUTAL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  I hope everyone is healthy soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Congrats mama!  Sorry to hear you have so much to deal with right now.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations and I hope you're ALL feeling better very soon!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! Figured that's why you'd been so quiet. 
  • Options
    Congrats to you!!!  Our LO's share a birhtday!!  Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats mama! I hope your little girl feels better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    congrats! so happy for you.  hope you are feeling better. sorry you didn't get your natural birth experience, but you have your beautiful baby in your arms and that is what matters most! 
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"