Northern California Babies

Inappropriate to wear jeans to a baby shower?

I have a baby shower to attend tomorrow (that I am DREADING) and I just realized I have nothing to wear. I either have business clothes or jeans. Are jeans totally inappropriate? 

And, just out of curiousity, do you think 38 is a lot of people to have at a shower for a 3rd child?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Inappropriate to wear jeans to a baby shower?

• I personally wouldn't mind - all the baby showers I've been to were totally casual so jeans were appropriate... I guess it depends?

And yes, 38 is too much.  

• I'm not even going to address the 3rd child shower thing... I've worn jeans before... I think they're fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just hosted a baby shower and a couple of people wore jeans and I didn't think it was a big deal at all. They were nice jeans and I'm sure more expensive than my outfit!
  • Um....uh well if it is than I'm completely inapropriate.  I wore jeans to my own baby showers.....yikes!
  • Oh and yeah 38 is a lot for a shower for subsiquent kids...especially a 3rd.
  • I have been to two different kinds of showers...the kind where jeans would have been inappropriate and the kind where they were...I have made it my own personal policy to always at least wear nice slacks and a cute top, I find that that always is appropriate. 

Interesting about the 3rd child shower...I was always under the impression that if the first is one sex and the second is another sex 2 full showers is fine...but if the second is the same sex as the first you are entitled to a sprinkle....but once you get to 3+ it is not appropriate to have any shower, or if you do typically it is a family thing and it is just a celebration of another child...I usually heard of these parties occuring after the baby is born.

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Jeans wouldn't be my first choice, but I don't think it's a big deal.

And YES.  I don't understand traditional baby showers for 2nd/3rd/10th children.  Welcoming parties and such, of course, but "everyone show up with a gift" parties - no.

• I vote jeans are ok, especially since it's winter. 

• I thought it was until I went to a baby shower 2 or 3 weeks ago and I was totally overdressed! Everyone, including the guest of honor, had jeans on.

• It is more about the entire outfit.  If you have a nice pair of jean with a cute top/sweater and flats with some accessories, totally fine.  It is all in the presentation. 

If you wear jeans with a t-shrit and tennis shoes and look like you are running to Home Depot, no. 

• Jeans are fine.

I might be in the minrity (okay I know I am) but 38 people for a 3rd baby shower is fine to me, as long as they are all close family and friends who cares. 

• i'm so happy to hear all these responses... im going to a baby shower this weekend as well and all i have to wear in this weather is jeans.  don't really want to show up in capri's and sandals when its 50 degrees outside....
  • I was going to say that jeans are a bit inappropriate for a baby shower, and I'd probably opt for your work attire.  BUT, given that this is a shower for a third baby, clearly there are no rules!  Wear whatever you want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"