March 2012 Moms
Options

When does your LO go to bed?

We're trying to establish a bedtime routine and hope LO starts sleeping through the night soon! Last night he slept from 9-1:30 and then 2:30-6:45 so we may be on the right track but I'm curious what time you put your LO's to bed and any things you do at bedtime that may help?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When does your LO go to bed?

• Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    Your lo is sleeping great! I put mine to bed between 9 and 10:30 at night but I am thinking the earlier might be better. My lo's sleep schedule is way off now that I moved him to his crib for the first time monday which is making me want to pull my hair out. He would sleep 5 hours then 4 now we are back to 3 and 3. Aye!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    kel716kel716 member

We followed DS's cues when we were setting up his bedtime.  How long does it take you to put your LO down?  I'd stick with the 9pm time for now, and just start your bedtime routine that much ahead of the 9 pm time.  eg, if it takes 15 minutes, start bedtime at 8:45.

All babies will change it up...  8:30 is the bedtime that works for my 3 year old with our schedule.  He gets up in time for us to get to where we need to without having to wake him. 

DD is going down after DS goes to bed- sometime around 9-10 pm.  It depends on how long she wants to nurse after he's in bed.  Last night, she nursed until 10:30. 

FWIW, many babies start STTN at 6 weeks+.  You may get one night waking for a while, but it may stop soon.  It's hard to tell.  However, you can help things out by minimizing distractions at night, keeping the lights down, and really putting LO to bed with a routine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anywhere between 7:00 and 9:00... I follow her lead :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    Do you guys know how get your baby to stretch out their sleep time? Give a pacifier, pickup and rock back to sleep? I'm am not sure what to do

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    eyenigheyenigh member
    He goes to sleep between 8:45 and 9:15 and will sleep straight through until around 5 or 6. Oddly, if we deviate from that window, earlier or later, he'll wake up one time during the night. It's weird. Luckily, he goes right back to sleep no matter what but I definitely prefer not having to get up!

• Options
    She's been doing 9-3, then 3:30-7. We are starting this week a transition to bed at 8. It will give me a little less sleep but at 9, I'm going to bed shortly after DD. At 8, I will actually have time with DH.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    DD sleeps in a rock n play to do really crappy reflux, but she goes to sleep between 8-8:30. I feed her at 7:15, stop in the middle to change her diaper and put on her PJs, then swaddle (yes I still swaddle) and put her down and she's out like a light. It' sonly been 2 weeks or so that this has worked though. She normally sleeps 4-5 hours, wakes up, then 3 more, so I'm still up at 4-5 in the morning. I pick her up because she's honestly crying and her pacifier doesn't help, and she passes back out. If she's just being fussy, I try to give her her pacifier and sometimes she goes back to sleep.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    I just wanted to add that I know a lot of people are against it, but my pediatrician advised me to get in some sort of routine with E. She was born in  February so she's actually 11 weeks old now. The day I put her on an every 3 hour feeding schedule during the day, she started being super easy to put down at night, and she started sleeping better. For some reason she eats more than she was when I fed her on demand. She's little, so it works.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• Options
    Between 9:30-10:30 usually. It works out well for now because my older two go down between 7-7:30 so DH and I have some time with just DD2 before bed and she gets in a good last feeding. I'm sure it'll be easier to get them all down to bed around the same time when she's older but right now I'll take it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • Options
    I have been trying to start our routine around 7 the latest. He has been asleep by 8 which gives me time to myself for a couple hours. He is only 5 wks old so we are still waking to eat every 3-4 hrs during the night.
  • Options
    We feed DD around 7 or 7:30, then get her ready for bed.  She is in bed by 8 or 8:30, sleeps til around 4:00 am for a feeding, then back to sleep until 7:30 or so.  We pretty much followed her lead, using the pedi's advice to skip the 10:00 feeding to see if she would sleep through it - and she did.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mrs.geemrs.gee member
    I just want to speak up for the moms with babies who are not sleeping through the night because I feel we are under-represented here! DS#1 did not sleep through the night until 7 months, despite routine routine routine and multiple attempts at sleep training. Maybe my expectations are low because of him. DS#2 goes down around 10 or 10:30 and the longest he's ever slept is 4h and 45min. Then he's up again 2-3 hours after that. Based on everyone I know IRL, this is more the norm than seeing a 6w old sleep through the night, although if you are one of the lucky ones... well lucky you!
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • Options
    WOW READING THIS DEPRESSED ME! My LO still wakes up every 3 to 4 hours at night to feed and it's a mission to put her down again! she fights her sleeps! she eats evert 3 hours during the day which she goes into a milk coma and falls right back to sleep for 2 hours. :/ i want my LO to sleep 6 hours straight at  night! i failed to mention she has reflux so it can be a challenge! :*(
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: This is my beloved, and this is my friend.-Song of Solomon image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers <a href="http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/leeloukat/?action=view
  • Options
    Wow, you all have a bunch of awesome sleepers. I would kill for one waking. We put down in between 9-10 (we try for earlier but it fails) and he wakes around 1am  and then 4am and then 7am. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageDivallyn:
    Wow, you all have a bunch of awesome sleepers. I would kill for one waking. We put down in between 9-10 (we try for earlier but it fails) and he wakes around 1am  and then 4am and then 7am. 

Oh and we do a hour long routine of diaper and pajamas, massage, feeding and bedtime story. The first feeding of the night we always try and soothe first and that usually gives us and extra half hour to hour but I'm hoping one day he will get the hint and just drop the 1am feeding. 

• Options

I really feel like an early bedtime works the best for us, and it's what I've done with all three of our kids since they were a few weeks old.

DS is 9wks and goes to bed around 7-7:30pm. My girls are 5 and 3 and they go to bed at 7:30. It gives me some much needed time to myself (or with DH if he's not working) and gives them the rest they need.

For DS, if it's a bath night, I'll start with his bath then jammies and swaddle, then feed him and put him down. On a usual night, he will sleep from 7:30pm-3am, eat, then sleep 3:30am-7 or 8am. Sometimes he'll wake at maybe 1am and 5am instead of just the one time at 3am.

Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    We have a routine... he eats when he is hungry, sleeps when he is tired and diaper change when needed... he gets a bath when he blows out or just when he needs one or it's fun.

DH and I work diffeent shifts so our guy go's to bed when I do about 9:30 pm generally he will feed in bed with me and then when he is done he zoinks out asleep .. most of the time I watch tv till about midnight or play on my laptop ..or just lay and cuddle him. He may or may not feed again around 3 ..sometimes he wakes at 5 am instead.. I feed him in bed then at 6:30 ish if he is done I start getting ready for work..  otherwise he has till 7 am to chow down then hubby is home. 

I get up shower and get ready for work while DH keeps the lil man entertained or vice versa and he gets him cleaned up dressed and in his car seat. DH drops me off for work.. comes home and plays with munchkin .. he eats about every 3-4 hours depending on if he is sleeping or playing. At 4PM they come pick me up from work and depending if daddy got a nap or not.. he either takes a nap before work or doesn't need to. DH goes to work at about 9:30 pm ..

Rinse repeat rinse repeat.. weekends and mon-tuesday are our days off so they are a bit different.. but the idea is the same.

Our lil guy happily sparks out asleep anywhere if and when he needs to .. so we don't really have a "set routine" .. it works for us ..and till he starts school it doesn't matter what time he sleeps as long as he gets enough sleep. 4pm to midnight is like his day time... that is when he gets the most bang for his buck with mommy and daddy time.

Right now .. daddy is taking a nap before his first night back at work, LO is fast asleep in bed with daddy taking a nap and being cuddled by the cat and I am pumping, paying bills online, email and all that stuff and readin bump posts... life is good. 
  • Options

He usually falls asleep at 10:30 and wakes up around 3:30, nurses and goes back to sleep for another 2-3 hours.  

There have been a couple of nights where I have given him the paci just to see what he does and sometimes he falls back asleep for another 1-2 hours and sometimes its a fail.  Trial and error........We'll get there! 

• Options
    Maybe it's an old KY thing but rice cereal! However I am answering this at 2am lol!
  • Options
    We do bath (with lavender scented wash) and formula bottle around 9 and bed at 10-10:30.  LO is out until 5:30 most days, which is when I get up anyway.  She just hit 12 weeks though so she has had some time to get into the schedule.
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

DS, 2.5 months, is down by 9, most nights. Sometimes he goes to sleep even earlier, like around 7:30 or 8:00, depending on how he sleeps at daycare. Most of the time, it's similar to the times you mentioned.

We diaper change, put him in his sleep sack, and shush and sway him standing up with his body on its side towards me, with a pacifier in his mouth. So basically, the 5 S's. That does the trick everytime, unless he's really not tired.

Lachlan
    born March 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"