Adoption

Silly question...

So, our birthmother is due May 31st. What was the gestation of your little one at birth? Just trying to see how many babies go up to or past their due date. Thanks!
Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)

Re: Silly question...

• I was due Aug 20th and had her Sept 1st via emergency c-section. I had a normal healthy pregnancy otherwise. Mckenzie was born 8lbs 12 oz and 23 inches long, she's still tall (so am I). Congratulations on your match and good luck!
    BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • In my personal experience and with my friends, most are born at or after 40 weeks.  I was induced (and DS was born) on his due date. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Our son was due June 1st and born May 29th.  Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • People may say I'm crazy, but I noticed that most first pregnancies go a little beyond their due date.  After the first, it's more common for the babies to arrive a little sooner.  This is only based on my casual observations and only takes into account of healthy/problem-free pregnancies.
  • DD was due Sept 20th and arrived on Sept 16th!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD was due 3 June and born 27 May.  She was not the first birth for her birth mother, and she was induced (we don't know why).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicbr>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1 was due om 12/25 and was born on 12/23. DD2 with the same BM was due 1/6 and was born 5 weeks early on 12/3. 
  • DD was overdue by a week-ish
  • DD was due Jan 15th but was born Jan 2nd!  She was not the first birth for her BM and it was a vag delivery with no complications.  BM was 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant and DD spent no time in NICU or anything like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD had an estimated due date of April 5th, but was born March 29th via induciton (per BM's request- it was the week of her spring break).

However, BM didn't seek prenatal care until February, so they were never able to get an accurate due date.

• BM found out she was pregnant at 7 months, so the EDD was a VERY rough guess. The first EDD, when we were matched was Feb 17, they upped that date to Feb 11, and she had her on Feb 8. My MIL, who is a nurse, said that the first EDD of the 17th was probably the most accurate due to some skin cracking around her wrists and ankles, which she said can be a sign of premature birth.
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    M was only 4 minutes late. So his due date was pretty accurate. Granted his arrival was a surprise for us so we didn't know any better.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• imageCaptainSerious:
    People may say I'm crazy, but I noticed that most first pregnancies go a little beyond their due date.  After the first, it's more common for the babies to arrive a little sooner.  This is only based on my casual observations and only takes into account of healthy/problem-free pregnancies.

From what I've heard this is a common thing - for FTMs to go overdue. I was a week overdue when I got induced and had my LO

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• imageMrsRucinski85:
    imageCaptainSerious:
    People may say I'm crazy, but I noticed that most first pregnancies go a little beyond their due date.  After the first, it's more common for the babies to arrive a little sooner.  This is only based on my casual observations and only takes into account of healthy/problem-free pregnancies.

From what I've heard this is a common thing - for FTMs to go overdue. I was a week overdue when I got induced and had my LO

Very common... But not always true, of course. My first pregnancy I had no risks or anything but that kid was ready to come out! He was born at 38 weeks.

~Julie image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • DD was born ON her due date. It does seem that most first time babies come after their due dates.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• ellekaeellekae member
    DD was due May 1, and was born April 28. If I remember correctly, for babies born after 38 weeks, it's about 50/50 for early/late, regardless of what number pregnancy it is for the mom. No citation for that... So maybe it's just something I remember from child birthing class.

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

• Ben was due on June 9th and was born on June 3rd so a few days early.
  • BM was due June 23rd and DD was born May 21st.  Even though she was five weeks early, no time in the NICU.  She was five pounds eight ounces.  This was the sixth birth for our BM, and smoke during the pregnancy, which likely led to the premature delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"