May 2014 Moms

Those with 3 kids...what sedan do you have?

Nmooney1Nmooney1 member
edited January 2014 in May 2014 Moms
What sedans can fit 3 seats? We will have a booster, convertible and infant seat DH has an Infinity G37x ( it's technically a 4 passenger car), and it will NOT accommodate 3 seats. He is looking into other cars, but is adamant it has to be a sporty/faster car for when he is by himself. Boys and their toys, lol. I was able to convince him to get rid of his 'vette bc we rarely got to drive it. So, he got his G37. He has been looking at a Cadillac CTS and Chrysler 300. I think he needs to get an SUV and call it a day. He is set on getting another car though. EIDIT: to add G37 details

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
favorite wedding picture

Re: Those with 3 kids...what sedan do you have?

• I don't know but it would be cheaper to get new car seats than a new car. The Radian car seat will fit 3 across. Maybe get 2 convertibles , a booster and skip the infant seat? We have a nissan Altima with a Chicco Keyfit infant seat and Chicco nextfit convertible car seat. No way we can fit a third car seat in there with that configuration.
  • I have a Kia Optima and it fits a high back booster (DD1), Graco Nautilus, and the Chicco Keyfit.

I also recently discovered Car seats for the littles on FB, maybe thanks to someone here (?), but I emailed them told them the type of car I have, the type of car seats, and they have me options of what we could puzzle together if we didn't want to buy a different vehicle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • lica001 said:
    I don't know but it would be cheaper to get new car seats than a new car. The Radian car seat will fit 3 across. Maybe get 2 convertibles , a booster and skip the infant seat? We have a nissan Altima with a Chicco Keyfit infant seat and Chicco nextfit convertible car seat. No way we can fit a third car seat in there with that configuration.

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• I'd speak to your local fire department and see what they recommend for your kids' safety!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a Kia Optima and it fits a high back booster (DD1), Graco Nautilus, and the Chicco Keyfit. I also recently discovered Car seats for the littles on FB, maybe thanks to someone here (?), but I emailed them told them the type of car I have, the type of car seats, and they have me options of what we could puzzle together if we didn't want to buy a different vehicle.
    This is great to know! I love the Optima. I know he used to like them. We have a high back booster, a convertible (I have to see which one, I am having a brain fart) and will be adding the Chicco Keyfit.

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• Nmooney1Nmooney1 member
    edited January 2014
    We have a civic and could fit three clek foonfs across. New car seats are way cheaper than a new car. Check out Diono and Clek... Narrow brands!

I just edited my original post to clarify that the G is really only a 4 seater bc of the center hump :) So we have to get a new vehicle. DH doesn't mind. He is kind of ready for a new car anyways. It is much smaller than he originally thought.

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• Nmooney1 said:
    We have a civic and could fit three clek foonfs across. New car seats are way cheaper than a new car. Check out Diono and Clek... Narrow brands!

I just edited my original post to clarify that the G is only a 4 seater :) So we have to get a new vehicle.

Ohhhh. Got it. So I say pick the car you like and then get seats that fit. An SUV won't automatically be roomier with three seats (unless it has a third row) than a sedan.

I had an Expedition before I got my Quest. Right before we found out I was pregnant, I was going to trade in my Quest and go back to the Exp. It was going to be my treat for getting my tubes tied. I have been trying to convince DH to get an Exp.....but I think it is bc I miss mine so much! Haa. Maybe he can drive my mini van and I will get another big SUV. My treat for having a 3rd c/s. :)

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• We are going to be looking for a Dodge Charger for our two seats, but when we had one as a rental, we LOVED the backseat. It's was huge. That also make sporty models of it for hubby's needs ;)
    imageimageimage

• I can honestly understand your husband! I'm the same way :) The Combi Concoro is designed to be able to fit 3 carseats across the back. They are approved from 3 to 40 pounds. I got one for our baby (we drive a Mazda RX8) and it seems very plush and comfy yet fairly small.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• MIL has a Cadillac CTS, we had one RFing convertible in there and I practically had to amputate my legs to fit in the front street. I would not recommend it for more than one kid. I second using CSFTLs as a source for car and car seat questions.

• kat8805 said:

We are going to be looking for a Dodge Charger for our two seats, but when we had one as a rental, we LOVED the backseat. It's was huge. That also make sporty models of it for hubby's needs ;)

I agree with this. We rented a Charger in FL and it was so roomy, we had just the two car seats at the time, but I could've fit an adult in between them and it had plenty of leg room.

We also rented a Chevy Traverse and it had a third row, but I think it could've easily fit three seats in the second row.

Loved both cars.

imageimageimage

• We have a 2011 Taurus, we fit two boosters and a 6'4" brother in law in the back of it comfortably so I'm thinking three seats shouldn't be a problem. My oldest has 7 more pounds until he can ride out of a carseat now so we're getting close.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"