Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

What color crib with this wall color?

Here

I tried to PIP but it kept turning out blank. Anyway, we're team green. Thanks!

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: What color crib with this wall color?

• Options
    I have grey blue walls and the espresso crib looks Awsome. I added plain white decals to the wall to brighten it up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Large room- dark espresso

Small room- white

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    White.  But I HATE dark-colored nursery furniture.  It looks so oppressive, and tends to not "match" any other baby stuff.
  • Options
    I think that you could go almost any color, so it depends on what you want it to look like.  I think that white would make it see brighter and more airy.  I personally have black bedroom furniture in my master (with light sage walls), and think that it looks really clean with my sage & white bedding.  Expresso or cherry could be a nice compromise in the middle, especially if it's a boy.  Personally though, I'm a white fan - I like bright for babies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options

I love white or off white nursery furniture, regardless of boy or girl!  I think white would look precious with that shade of blue.  

But if white isn't your thing then I'd suggest this crib:  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12369765&searchURL=false

I saw it at the store and fell in love with it!  The website doesn't do it justice, I think its much prettier color in person than online!  I just love it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's an easy color, go with whatever you like! I went with espresso furniture to go with our silver walls, but white would be beautiful as well. We wanted something dark to go with our nursery theme (tools, so red furniture, a black tool mat, not as depressingly dark as it sounds) and white seemed kind of girly to me. 
  • Options

We have a similar wall color and went with Ikea's Sundvik crib in grey-brown:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30192922/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say white...because I tend to like the lighter colors for baby furniture.
  • Options
    We have a tiny little nursery and rur walls are almost exactly that color and all the trim is white. We went with a light natural-colored beechwood crib and changing table and I love it! Lots of soft pale colors with just a little bit of contrast.
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    imagejennyann28:
    White.  But I HATE dark-colored nursery furniture.  It looks so oppressive, and tends to not "match" any other baby stuff.
    Me too.  Bean's nursery furniture is white. His big boy furniture is dark wood (or will be).  I like the brightness and happiness of the white furniture.
  • Options
    I'd go with a lighter color, but that's b/c we have dark bedroom furniture and if we don't dust it every day or 2, it really shows.
    "Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"