Natural Birth
Options

I just watched my own birth video

I didn't ask for my mom to capture the birth of my son on her iPhone, but I'm glad she did. I am working on writing my birth story and I would not have nearly as much detail without the videos. I was actually upset that I couldn't remember the moments after my dude came into the world. It was so empowering to see how strong I was. No medal required.... The feeling I have inside is all I need to know that my med-free birth was just perfect for me. I would do it again without a second thought. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I just watched my own birth video

• Options
    Wow, how amazing to have that!  Our hospital doesn't allow pic/video of the actual birth, but I think next time I want at least a video of while I'm in labor.  Just curious what it looks like :)  So glad you had such a beautiful birth!
  • Options

Awesome! I've been debating back and forth whether to video tape mine, so happy for you! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If there was a "like" button I'd click it. 

That's a great alternative thought of why someone might want to have it taped. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds awesome. Congrats!!
  • Options
    isnt that feeling amazing? i still havent figured out the words for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageamber323:

Awesome! I've been debating back and forth whether to video tape mine, so happy for you! 

Same here.  I think I'll have to play it by ear because I may get irritated by it -- or I may not even notice it there.

I have heard most people say that even though they didn't want it filmed at the time, afterwards they were so thankful that they have it on video.

• Options

It is amazing. With my 1st I didnt want photos/video but after seeing a friends i knew I did for my 2nd. I have watched the video and looked at the photos almost daily since she was born.. If we have another I want more of the labor on video b/c like someone siad it is so hard to remember the details. i keep asking my husband to tell me what happened and when b/c so much is fuzzy especially during traansition. 

If you are contemplating photos/video i would say do it! -ou can always delete it if you want after the fact.

Congrats! 

• Options
    kdjuddkdjudd member
    It's always great to hear that a woman feels empowered after a natural birth. All of my family is so negative when I mention that I'm going natural. It really frustrates me. They always say that it's pointless to go through the pain of labor when you could enjoy the process with an epidural. I don't think they understand the power and the peace of mind that comes along with going natural. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Happy for you!!

I don't have video, but I have some amazing stills that my sister took and it's crazy how much they bring me back to those moments. 

imageimage 
  • Options
    JKB1986JKB1986 member
    That's awesome! I wish my hospital allowed that. I was so disappointed when they said no. All the details are so fuzzy now so it makes me sad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"