Toddlers: 24 Months+

DS has Mono

Does anyone have experience with mono?  Pedi said he can go back to daycare Wednesday if his fever breaks. His fever still spikes every four to five hours when the Tylenol wears off. He is barely eating but drinking a lot of water.  He just wants to snuggle and watch Max and Ruby. We're used to eat infections but have no experience with mono.  Any idea when he may start feeling better? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS has Mono

• Mono is most contagious before the symptoms or signs are present.

The duration of sickness varies.  I felt great after a week but I heard stories of people who were sick for a month.  The throat is really swollen so not eating isn't a surprise, most food groups are soft, cold and pureed.  Just keep fluids in him and spoil him with ice creams and soft foods.

• Thank you so much!  Dh stopped on his way home and bought real juice, Gogurt, pops, and ice cream. Ds took a few bites of Gogurt.  He won't even take ice cream.  Thanks for letting me know he'll feel better soon!  I'll keep offering and snuggling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no! I hate to hear this! I don't have any experience or suggestions but I will keep your little guy in my T&P's. Hope he feels better real soon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS had it and we didn't even know! He went in for his 2 year well child and had swollen glands. His pedi said that the younger you are the easier it is on you and the quicker you will get over it. She did say that symptoms can come and go for up to a month. The positive side is that he will have an immunity to it from now on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS1 had it at 14m. and had to be hospitalized for the night due to dehydration.  It is rare for toddlers to show symptoms of it. Many of us who thought we never had it probably did as a toddler.  DS only wanted ice cream and after a few days, he was okay for DC.  His tonsils never returned to their normal size and he just had them removed last month.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Thank you so much!  Liam was pretty miserable this morning.  There's been a lot of Sprout and snuggling here.  He's drinking a lot. We're giving him apple juice so he'll get some calories. He ate half a Gogurt and some goldfish crackers. I've offered him anything  and everything. He feels better when his fever goes down while the Advil is working.  Hopefully, he'll be up to DC on Thursday.  It is so much easier now that he can tell us what is hurting and what he wants.  Hearing him say "i feel yucky" breaks my heart.  Thanks again!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"