June 2012 Moms
Options

Be sure to at least open boxes/be sure everything there..

I know some people don't want to assemble things before baby arrives for their personal reasons. Just thought I'd remind about opening boxes to make sure everything is there. Or at least keep your receipts!! (common sense, I know)

We just had to return a Pack N Play this weekend. We'd opened the box to assemble things (including the napper & changing table ... which were, for the most part, missing!! The things that were there didn't even go with our pack n play. It was sealed, so somebody messed up on the assembly/packing line, I guess). 

Just thought I'd mention. I've heard before not to leave it late for this very reason, but never actually had the experience myself of anything missing... so it really does happen!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Be sure to at least open boxes/be sure everything there..

• Options
    Great reminder.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah we just opened up our pnp & car seat last night. All is good. It's a little crazy that something like that would happen though. I mean you'd really have to not be paying attention to pack the wrong things - don't they normally match? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I can't believe that your pack n play had so many parts missing! That really stinks. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My stroller was missing the rear wheel caps that keep the back wheels on.  Luckily we got them for free from Graco but it took a little while.  They sent them and we got the package with a hole in it and one missing.  Then they had to send another out.  Good advice!
    BFP 6/20/10 1st M/C- 7/3/10~ 6 w 1 d
    BFP 9/13/10- Chemical Pregnancy discovered 9/16/10
    BFP 2/23/11 EDD 2nd M/C 3/20/10~ 7 w 6 d
    BFP 9/17/11- Twins! Alice Nichole 5/15/12 Colette Parker 5/15/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekdjudd:
    Thanks for the reminder. I can't believe that your pack n play had so many parts missing! That really stinks. 

We couldn't believe it either. Kept looking under the under the coffee table, double checking the box, etc. And then the random pieces that didn't even go with ours. Someone was smoking it up at lunch before going back to work at the assembly/packing area... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I know that sometimes with all the excitement we don't always keep things like this in mind.

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When we checked the box for DS1's crib, it had broken parts. We had to send for replacements.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We ordered our Glider/Ottoman back in January, and it took a month to receive.  We went to finally put it together a couple of weeks ago and it's broken.  Now, the item is out of stock and cannot be exchanged.  So, we're trying to figure out what to do with either calling the manufacturer, returning it, or getting a new one.

Total fisasco.  Definitely open boxes when you first get them.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I opened my baby monitor package and found a small, what I assume to be baby shower card, in Spanish. Box was sealed, so apparently it was returned and resealed.

I tested it out and everything works fine. I'm thinking maybe this mommy got a duplicate gift? But a part of me was just kinda weirded out by it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"