Preemies

XP: Adalyn Update 4/29

Hey ladies! I just wanted to write a quick little something about our last glorious 3 days at home! It is soooooooo much better taking care of Adalyn at home.  It is so wonderful not to have to drive to the hospital, and the equipment isn't really all that hard to deal with.  We've given her a couple of baths already (which she absolutely loves) and she has gone through several costume changes throughout the day. 

We've set up shop in the living room, since that is where our recliners are, along with the TV, and it is central to the house.  She is hooked up to a large Oxygen tank there with a 25 foot cable that allows us to reach the bathroom.  We totally nap while Adalyn is lying on our chest, and the other person gets to sleep in bed.  So far DH has taken the overnight shifts (ie, 2a-7a), but I may do so tonight.  We have been living on coffee, and Adalyn is adjusting really well! The TV on doesn't bother her and neither do the dogs (who bark when anything moves by the front door)--she will sleep through anything.  

She eats every 3 hours during the day and every 4 hours overnight.  We say that the monster is stirring, because if she doesn't get fed within 15 minutes of rousing, she cries bloody murder! We've had no problem with her feeds, and actually find that she wants to eat more.  We had a maximum that we could feed her when we got discharged, but we've had to go over about an ounce more a day because she just needs it.  Tomorrow is our first pediatrician appointment and we're going to see if we can either increase her max or not have a max.  (Her neonatologist had a max because he didn't want her to have fluid overload due to her lung issue).  

Her oxygen need has been about the same--next to a sliver of nothing most of the time and a little more during her feeds.  Hopefully she will be able to go off the oxygen in the next month or so.  

Here is a pic in her Lady Bug sleeper with a hat.  BTW, I only have about 45 seconds from when a hat is placed on her head before she starts screaming wanting it taken off. Smile

IMAG0433
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Adalyn Update 4/29

• Glad to hear that Adalyn is doing so well at home. I hear you on the coffee. I live off of it too. 

• So much of all this parallels this past week with Jack, it's crazy (camping out in the living room, our LOs sleeping through our very loud doggies, etc.)! CONGRATS on having her home!! LOL about the "monster is stirring"... we always refer to the "early warning system"... Jack will wake up, make a few cute little baby billy goat sounds or what seems to be a mild cry, then fall back asleep for a few minutes... but we know we have to get that bottle warming pronto because the screaming will begin within minutes!! Anyway, congrats again on such a joyous (if sleep-deprived) first few days... it's just exhilarating having your baby home after such a long stay at the NICU!!
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your homecoming! I really think the babies know that they are home and they start to show off for mommy and daddy (e.g. eating so well!) Time will start flying by now :)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• So glad that you guys are finally home!!! DH and I refuse to even ask when the Dr's think Avery will be ready. She is still in the NICU 1. The hole in her heart is making her burn more calories. We are 2 lbs 7 oz though..... making progress! Love the ladybug outfit!
  • DrRxDrRx member

imagelilredd888:
    So glad that you guys are finally home!!! DH and I refuse to even ask when the Dr's think Avery will be ready. She is still in the NICU 1. The hole in her heart is making her burn more calories. We are 2 lbs 7 oz though..... making progress! Love the ladybug outfit!

Glad to hear that Avery is making progress! How old is she now?

TTC Since July 2008.
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • She is 46 days, a month in a half roughly. We are on residual watch right now because of a bubble in her belly. She burns through calories and we've stopped her feeds a few times. Maybe this will be her turning point. Holding off bottle feeds again until we know her gut is good =0).
  • Love the outfit. She is so cute!

I am so happy that she is home now...the fun has begun.

How much is she eating now?

Good luck at the pediatrician. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageChristieNRN:

Love the outfit. She is so cute!

HI Christie! Nice seeing familiar faces/names on here =). We should form a "Formerly May Mommies" group lol.

• I'm so glad to read such a good update! Love the ladybug outfit.
    image image image

• DrRxDrRx member
    imageChristieNRN:

Love the outfit. She is so cute!

The pedi upped her max from 420 to 450ml. She eats that every day--between 55 and 60 ml each feed. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"