February 2012 Moms
Options

When will I get a decent night of sleep?

DS is 10 weeks old today and still getting up every 2-3 hours during the night. I feel like everyone else I know have babies STTN. Will this ever happen for me? We have an established night time routine. Unfortunately, after I put him down for the night (usually around 9pm), he wakes up consistently. Any tips or ideas to help? He is a small baby about 10lbs. Thanks!

Re: When will I get a decent night of sleep?

• Options
    Ah, I am in the same sitch as you and we are going on 3 months next week!  She was a preemie tho, and currently only weighs about 10.5 lbs.  So, I am trying to remember that she may end up doing things (like STTN i guess) a little later.  Any tips you get here I will be glady open to as well!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Where is you LO sleeping? DS sleeps great in the napper  part of our PnP...it is snug like a cozy litte nest  and I think he feels secure there. When we put him completely flat he wakes often, like he doesn't like the empty space around him. Perhaps you cold switch up his sleeping location?  That being said, frequent wakefulness is still normal or the age.  I know it stinks, but every baby is so different.  Sending good sleep vibes your way tonight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could try swaddling. DS at first wouldn't sleep unless he was tightly wrapped. Also when he wakes up, what are you doing? If you pick him up as soon as he fusses, maybe try to see if he'll fall back asleep on his own or give him a paci (if you do that) and see if he'll sooth himself back to sleep.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    My daughter is 10 lbs 11 ozs and 12 weeks she has always slept great but two weeks ago she started sleeping 730 pm until 6am....she is still sleeping in the rock n play next to my bed and is always swaddled. She hated being swaddled at first but I never gave up. She use to get up around 12 and 3 am - I'd bf and put her down after, while she was still awake ohhhhhh and the sleep sheep is a life saver!!!!!!!!!!! She sleeps wonderful w the white noise. But I always fed quick and after 6 weeks I only offered one breast in the middle of the night...I never talk to her and keep it dark for night feedings. Also stoppe changing her diaper unless it was poop or very wet.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

He sleeps in his crib and has been since about 1 week old. I consistently swaddle him, turn the Sleep Sheep on, and give him his pacifier. He is EBF and wants to eat every 3 hours like clockwork. I know he is tired because it's easy to put him back down to sleep in between these wake up times, he just doesn't stay asleep for more than 1.5 hours at a clip. It's just frustrating to get up 6-8 times a night.  

• Options

My DD didn't fully sleep through the night consistently until she was 10 months old.

The good news, is that you really do get used to it.  It's been much easier adjusting to my 2nd child because I'm still used to being woken up.  Doesn't phase me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Options

My baby is small too, 9lbs. She wakes up and eats every 2-3 hours still, I am just getting use  to it. DH and I switch nights of who gets up so we each get a few nights of good sleep and dont go crazy. This has helped.

Just remember babies needs are different, right now your baby still needs to eat throughout the night, this could go on for a long time or she might STTN next week. Dont worry and invest in coffee :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"