Success after IF
Options

What brush/shamp/cond for knotted/matted/@&$*! toddler hair?

I really don't want to chop it off, but every morning/bath is a challenge...thanks for saving my sanity!

Re: What brush/shamp/cond for knotted/matted/@&$*! toddler hair?

• Options
    do they still make that J&J no more tangles spray?  I think it was basically spray conditioner...works like a charm! 
  • Options
    We had the same issue. DD has had long hair since she was 1. Are you using children's or baby shampoo?? I switched to adult products (a salon brand called UNITE) and the issue cleared right up. I make sure to leave the conditioner on for a minute or two and I am able to brush right through her wet hair.For in-between wash tangles I LOVE Johnson and Johnson's No More Tangles.  
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis with Complete Tubal Blockage IVF # 1 Fresh Cycle- It's a girl!! 8/12/09 IVF # 2 FET- MC IVF # 3 Fresh Cycle-MC IVF # 4 FET- BFP Arriving 8/8/12!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just started using Paul Mitchell shampoo for children and the leave-in conditioner.  It has been a life saver!!!

• Options
    I use adult products and it works so much better, and also use the Suave tangle stuff with the octopus on the bottle, and the morning bed head tamer Suave kids stuff that's awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use the Knot Genie as a brush.  It's really the only brush my daughter will let me use.  You can find them on Amazon.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    johnsons and johnsons has a line of no more tears conditioner that's extra conditioning. it's blue and it's for curly hair. it's helped a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all your input - got my 25% off coupon from CVS today and I am destined to make this better!
  • Options

imageRoxBride:
    I use adult products and it works so much better, and also use the Suave tangle stuff with the octopus on the bottle, and the morning bed head tamer Suave kids stuff that's awesome.

Ditto this.  My DD's hair was a mess when we were using Ber.ts Bee's shampoo/body wash for kids.  I switched to using an adult shampoo/conditioner (we use Suave, kind of stinks because it can get in their eyes - but I try really hard to keep it out), and her hair is SO much better.   My sister also swears by the spray in conditioner or her little girl's super curly long hair.  Good luck!

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Katen has insanely curly hair that tangles so easily. We use the knot genie and true kids detangler which doesn't make her hair sticky. The know genie is amazing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"