Stay at Home Moms
Options

XP: Congestion

Hi, my DD has her first bought of congestion and it is making eating and breathing horrible! It is dripping down the back of her throat and making her miserable. The worst part of it is that every so often, especially when nursing or eating, she gags and everything she has eaten recently comes back up! She has no fever. Is there anything the doctor can do for her? I have used the nosefrida, but have to have DH here to hold her down and even then, it is really not in her nose, more back in her throat. Any ideas or help is appreciated! Staring Monday morning at 6:30 with barf all over you does not bode well for the week ahead :/ 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Congestion

• Options
    Prop her head up at night with books under her mattress or something that will help with the drainage while she sleeps. Also do you have a humidifier? Put that in her room at night that will help too. No there really isn't anything the dr Can do unfortunately. I would also not lay her on her back soon after she eats maybe set her up in a bouncer or something to keep the drainage from flowing also when she is feeding try not to have her flat. Hope that helps and she feels better soon. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"