June 2011 Moms
Options

Stressed, may have to postpone ds' surgery

He's scheduled for his kidney/ureter surgery on may 7th and he has a cough and runny nose as of this past Friday. It's a pretty wet cough. I hope he can miraculously kick it this week but he tends to hold on to them for a long time. If we have to reschedule its going to be so difficult rearranging the time of work, no clue how far out it'd be and can't guarantee he won't get another cold. I just want this over and him healing. Ugh! I have to call for out surgery time a week from Friday but we'll see how his cough is early/mid week next week and go from there. How do you keep lo from getting a cold when you work outside the home and have another sibling in school bringing germs home. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Stressed, may have to postpone ds' surgery

• Options
    Ugh, I am so sorry!  I will pray that he kicks this cold in record time, that the surgery can proceed as scheduled, that it is a complete success, that the recovery is quick, and that your LO isn't in any discomfort.  Hugs, mama.

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm sorry. I hope he kicks this cold soon. Do you mind if I ask what is being done to his ureters? My dog had ectopic ureters and had surgery for it (and a bunch of other things). Hopefully LO will have a quick and easy recovery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He has a dilated kidney and ureter on one side. He's had many tests to find the cause and they have diagnosed upjo due to a kink in his ureter near the belly button area. They are extremely dilated up to the kink point. It is starting to affect the health of his kidney. So the doc is going in with a scope then cutting him open to cu out the bad parts of ureter, inserting a stent (for while healing) and stitching the good ureter back together. It's called a pyeloplasty. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sorry. Get better soon lo. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yuck! I hope that he fights this cold fast so that he can recover and heal!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Rainbow baby, EDD 7/8/14, missed miscarriage 12/5/13. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"