Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Question about texting and WWYD?

My SIL loves to send texts to a bunch of people at once. When people reply to her, everyone gets it instead of just SIL. It bugs me A. because I don't have unlimited texts so it eats up my allotment faster and B. I don't even know these people! When I reply to her texts, I delete our text history and start a new message in an attempt to hopefully avoid "replying to all." Is that the answer? I don't know if SIL is aware of this, my mom and I have only complained to each other about it. :) SIL is super sensitive so I'm not sure how to bring this up to her. I think she'd be embarrassed to send a mass email or something with a solution for her friends to follow. That said, it isn't a HUGE deal, but it'd be nice if her friends didn't eat up my texts for the month. I have a hard enough time keeping to my limit as it is. ETA: This doesn't happen with anyone else. DH will text pics to his parents, brother, and me, but when they reply, it only goes to DH. FTR, we have iPhones, SIL has a Blackberry (so does my mom). I don't know if the BB is the problem or what.
someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
MSPI Moms Check-In Blog

Re: Question about texting and WWYD?

• Options
    Is this your H's sister?  Or your brother's wife?  Whichever it is, would having your H/brother saying something about it make it easier for her to take?
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

It's my brother's wife. He's not particularly tactful and he'd probably mention it was me who complained. She'd be pissed off I didn't talk to her myself. 

I looked at my text options and there's a "group text" feature, I'm wondering if when you have a group set up, it automatically makes it so recipients reply to all. 

I think this rant belongs in a "First World Problems" post. :)

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would just give her a call and tell her that when you get her texts you get a bunch of replys from people you don't know, and it eats up my text message limit. So if you wouldn't mind sending a seperate text that would be great. My guess is she just has no idea you are getting these other texts and she also doesn 't know that you only have a monthly text limit. If she doesn't know, then she won't stop.

Not sure if it would work, but maybe not opening the texts you don't know who they are and deleting them would work?

Last option upgrading to unlimited texts. Then it's not a problem :) Although I would think you would have done that already if you wanted to. :) 

imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

it happens to me also -- about getting everyone's replies. I have very few out of network texts allowed. But its not family members that do it so I dont say anything.

When my bff was replying to pictures with text but as a picture message I just told her to try to see if she could send as a text instead because it was chipping away at my allotment for picture messages.  

I think it happens both ways - meaning when an Iphone sends out mass message to BB and when BB sends mass message to iPhones -- DH mass-messages wtih an iPhone and I get all the replies. I mass message with BB and DH gets all the replies.

Clearly I wasnt much help....but I'd maybe ask her to just send the message to you -- or keep doing what you're doing -- start a new message to her when replying.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards