June 2012 Moms
Options

My family sucks sometimes (vent)

Sometimes I think my friends care about me more than my own family does!  So far NO one from my side of the family is coming to my shower, with the exception of my cousin and her mom because they are hosting it.  They claim it's "too far away".....ya it's only a 30 min. drive which is nothing compared to the 4 hour drive I have to make to get to it.  They pulled the same excuse for my bridal shower too.  The only people coming to my shower are my friends.  I'm grateful that they are coming but it really hurts that my own family doesn't want to come Sad

It actually makes me not to want to make an effort to even go see them after DS is born, if they don't care to drive 30 min. to see me why should I make yet another 4 hour drive to see them after he comes?  Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: My family sucks sometimes (vent)

• Options
    DH's parents never come see us. They've come over once since we moved into our house about 8 months ago. & they always want us to come visit them. Even when they are in our town, they don't stop to say hi. It pisses me off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh lord do I hear you about the family shower drama.  My dad's gf was going to host our baby shower and was fine with it for three months while all the planning was going on, but 5 days before the shower she suddenly had to 'work'.  I just had a HUGE fall out with my dad about it.  I would have been a witch to not invite her, but since I did she was allegedly uncomfortable coming.  Whatever people.  I don't have time for it and neither do you!  Good luck girl.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    None of my family is coming to the shower either.  Heck, I thought one of them would be throwing the thing!  But no.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry. :(

30 minutes isn't a long drive at all. That is a lame excuse. I would be very hurt too. I'm glad you have friends that will be at your shower to support you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    30 min? I mean honestly people how selfish can they be, I'm sorry your family sucks. At least you have friends that lov eyou and will be there. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BRBR member
    Wow, I'm sorry.  Thirty minutes is nothing.  That does suck.  I probably wouldn't make an effort to go see them either.  I am glad you have good friends at least.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am so sorry. I just want to give you a hug. And YES to you shouldn't make the effort or drive to see them once the lo arrives. Why should you make a 4 hour drive with a newborn when they can't drive 30 minutes?! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

That is some BS.  Don't inconvenience yourself to bring the baby to them.  Their loss.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"