August 2011 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions go here.

I think it's strange that 7-8 month old babies don't have a schedule. I don't understand the "we never wake the baby" line of thinking. I wonder at what point in the baby's life will he/she realize that they are in total control.
Pictures of toddlers with pacifiers make me judgy.
I am tired of hearing about your non-sleeping babies. I'm sorry they aren't sleeping, but JFC can't you post about something else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unpopular Opinions go here.

• Options
    imageS-Tuna:
    I think it's strange that 7-8 month old babies don't have a schedule. I don't understand the "we never wake the baby" line of thinking. I wonder at what point in the baby's life will he/she realize that they are in total control.

I completely agree.

This is my first UO.  I think it's ridiculous to spend more than, say, $20 or so on an outfit for a baby.  Even $20 is on the high end for me.  As we all know, they grow so fast.  I blinked, and DD is now in 9, 12 and even some 18 month clothes.  It's just crazy to spend so much money for something she will wear only a handful of times.  A coworker of mine loves to post on FB about how much she spends on her son's clothes.  It's insane.  I think she's crazy.

• Options
    imageEmSue412:
    I think it's ridiculous to spend more than, say, $20 or so on an outfit for a baby.  Even $20 is on the high end for me.  As we all know, they grow so fast.  I blinked, and DD is now in 9, 12 and even some 18 month clothes.  It's just crazy to spend so much money for something she will wear only a handful of times.  A coworker of mine loves to post on FB about how much she spends on her son's clothes.  It's insane.  I think she's crazy.

I also agree. I will add that I miss spending money on clothes for myself. I used to buy a new article of clothing every few weeks or so. Now DS needs new clothes all the time, and I haven't been able to buy myself anything. Who would have thought you have to put your clothes money towards your baby before yourself?!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1.) I don't understand people that have baby fever when they still have a baby.

2.) I also don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to get pregnant only a few months after having a baby. Trust me-- after seeing so many of my friends go into deep depression and want to pull their hair out from having two under 1 or two under two...I would never wish that on anyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageS-Tuna:
    imageEmSue412:
    I think it's ridiculous to spend more than, say, $20 or so on an outfit for a baby.  Even $20 is on the high end for me.  As we all know, they grow so fast.  I blinked, and DD is now in 9, 12 and even some 18 month clothes.  It's just crazy to spend so much money for something she will wear only a handful of times.  A coworker of mine loves to post on FB about how much she spends on her son's clothes.  It's insane.  I think she's crazy.

I also agree. I will add that I miss spending money on clothes for myself. I used to buy a new article of clothing every few weeks or so. Now DS needs new clothes all the time, and I haven't been able to buy myself anything. Who would have thought you have to put your clothes money towards your baby before yourself?!

SO true!  I most definitely miss buying myself clothes!  Especially since I am still not back to pre-pregnancy weight and most of my clothes don't fit.  I am sick of wearing the same few things over and over and over... Blah.

• Options
    UO- also about posts. I'm sick of seeing the posts about feeding schedules. More so on the 6-9 board. I'm sorry but your kid is 9 months old, you should be able to figure out how to feed him or her. Whether it's purees or blw or whatever. It's not that hard. My second UO- again about posts. If you need to be told by Internet strangers that you should take your kid to the pedi for an ear infection, I'm sorry you're an idiot. The FTM excuse only gets you so far.
  • Options

I agree with the schedule opinon. Sorry, DS has a schedule. I had to wake him up this morning to get to XH's house. And he has a bedtime too. He turns 8 months on Sunday.

Agree with the clothing post too. I don't like paying more than $10 for an item, much less $20!

No UO's here. A few vents and FFFCs though

• Options
    imageeesome:

2.) I also don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to get pregnant only a few months after having a baby. Trust me-- after seeing so many of my friends go into deep depression and want to pull their hair out from having two under 1 or two under two...I would never wish that on anyone.

Meh.  We're planning two under two because it's best for us as a family.   I think it will be better for my kids because I can work part time for the first couple years of their life.   To each their own. Smile

• Options

Since I am just catching up from last night, I have an UO re the How Worried Post. 

I feel like every relationship should have a Friendship Veto Button for a one time use only. DH is friends with one of the biggest d-bags on the planet but he has known him since grade school so that is always the excuse. Well, that's just "Diick. Well guess what? I think "***" is a jerk and I choose not to be around him unless it is a special occasion in which I had better have my Mommy Juice or things will get ugly. Thankfully said "***" has moved waaaaaay away, like Asia away.  An example of his d-baggery is he refuses to talk to DH because he/we don't have FB. Seriously? Replying to an email is so yesterday I guess. WTF ever. He has yet to email him asking how fatherhood is, are you alive, is the sky still blue in the US? Just an all out self-centered a-hole but that's just "***". 

Vote FVB!

• Options

DS has a schedule, but he set it. We just go along with it. He has regimented himself. I know what to expect when, and he knows that when he starts rubbing his eyes at 7:30 I'm going to put his booty in bed, turn on the mobile and walk out. He's fine with that. 

I don't have an UOs yet though.I guess I don't pay enough attention to what other people think.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageeesome:

Suppose I get pregnant now. Pregnant for 9 months, that would mean Sawyer would be a toddler.  So I wouldn't have 2 babies, I would have 1 baby and 1 toddler.  I've always wanted my children pretty close in age.  I've nannied for a few families where the age difference was 16 -22 months apart and the kids get along really well.  I am not saying that wider age ranges don't, I just always appreciated the closeness of that particular age range.

• Options

::Blushes:: My kid doesn't exactly have a "schedule". She goes to bed usually around the same time every night, eats every 2-3 hours, etc. It's not because she's the one in charge, it's because our work schedules are so freakin nuts. I feel bad, but not having too much of a schedule works for us. I do try to keep her somewhat consistent though. That's life.

My UO: I'm so tired of hearing the excuse/phrase "in this economy". I know it's hard, I know things aren't puppies and rainbows, but ask any grandparent you have about how hard they had it. This is NOTHING people! I don't know a single damn person who is rationing food and reusing their clothing until the threads come loose. If you're standing in an overnight line at Target on Christmas eve to buy a 32'' television, you're not struggling. Get over it!

• Options
    imageEmSue412:
    imageS-Tuna:

I completely agree.

This is my first UO.  I think it's ridiculous to spend more than, say, $20 or so on an outfit for a baby.  Even $20 is on the high end for me.  As we all know, they grow so fast.  I blinked, and DD is now in 9, 12 and even some 18 month clothes.  It's just crazy to spend so much money for something she will wear only a handful of times.  A coworker of mine loves to post on FB about how much she spends on her son's clothes.  It's insane.  I think she's crazy.

You are my hero for saying this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, especially things that will be a one-time wear like a holiday outfit, unless you are getting a photo session done.  Even then, I'm loathe to spend more than $20 or $30.  

Side note - I did find out purely by accident that if you wait until the last minute, the special occasion outfits go on sale for 50% off, or more.  It was a week before Christmas and I got DD's dress that was originally $39.99 for $14.99.  Yes, selection was limited, but there were still plenty of things that were adorable for a great price!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Whitney, I agree. i think that generations of relative wealth give us distorted expectations of what is necessary to sustain life. We all have a tendency to think we NEED things we just want, because we are used to having them. I think our society is so based on finding happiness through posessions and fulfillment through many social connections that it is hard for people to adjust and find happiness with fewer possessions and more quality social connections that are just fewer in number. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I agree with a few things here.  Too expensive baby clothes. Baby fever with a baby, you can't always have a newborn and I like that my BABY now smiles, babbles and stuff. The economy complaint--mostly this with house loans,  I know you couldn't predict the future and bought a house you could barely afford and now can't, but I don't think the government should help you with this problem, I don't pay taxes for the person who lives above their means!

I am sure alot of my opinions are unpopular but haven't though of one to go on here yet.

And opps, my LO doesn't really have a schedule.  I wake him up weekdays when I have to go to work. On weekends I pray he sleeps in some. We do have a set bedtime and routine but other than that everything varys.  I don't really like it that way but the babysitter doesn't have a schedule and weekends we are usually going some place or around town or something so hard to have one then.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageS-Tuna:

I am tired of hearing about your non-sleeping babies. I'm sorry they aren't sleeping, but JFC can't you post about something else?

Hmm Sorry?

I don't see a flood of posts about it. There isn't a flood of posts, period, though. We do need something to spice up the board.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagewhitney1170:

My UO: I'm so tired of hearing the excuse/phrase "in this economy". I know it's hard, I know things aren't puppies and rainbows, but ask any grandparent you have about how hard they had it. This is NOTHING people! I don't know a single damn person who is rationing food and reusing their clothing until the threads come loose. If you're standing in an overnight line at Target on Christmas eve to buy a 32'' television, you're not struggling. Get over it!

Word. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:
    imageS-Tuna:
    I am tired of hearing about your non-sleeping babies. I'm sorry they aren't sleeping, but JFC can't you post about something else

Uh oh, I just made a post about this! And I'm tired of hearing about your babies that DO sleep.  Let's call it a wash, shall we?

Other than that...not much here. 

Posts are posts, there isn't so many on this bored that you have to go to the next page to find one from yesterday so post about what you want.  All posts have titles so if you don't like the title don't read it.  I thought that was what this bored was about celebrating victories or hardships of the baby with people who might care since their baby is the same age.

• Options
    imagewhitney1170:

::Blushes:: My kid doesn't exactly have a "schedule". She goes to bed usually around the same time every night, eats every 2-3 hours, etc. It's not because she's the one in charge, it's because our work schedules are so freakin nuts. I feel bad, but not having too much of a schedule works for us. I do try to keep her somewhat consistent though. That's life.

Agreed! Look how many people have smart phones and ipads etc. When we were kids my parents had to pay the mortgage and utilities- thats it! Not many people had a car payment, cable. Nobody had cell phones or internet bills.

How can the economy be so bad when we have so much more?

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My (apparent) UO:

If you take pictures of yourself glamming it up in your bathroom and post them of FB all the time, I judge you. It's the damm bathroom. If you're really going out somewhere and not just dressing up to take a pic to put it on FB, get friends to take pictures while you're out and post those.

• Options

I love when new people start posting BUT if you won't even bother introducing yourself, I might not bother answering your post. Especially if you have a 1-post count and the one post in question is you announcing your BFP.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't feel any need or desire whatsoever to have "total control" over my child or his schedule, sleep patterns, food intake...

ETA: I also don't judge moms that do.  I just figure they have a different parenting style than me.  Or a baby that requires more structure.  I'm also pretty scared that when we have another, he/she will demand structure, and I'll be screwed b/c I won't know *how* to parent that way.  But whatever...different strokes...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStefandTodd:

I don't feel any need or desire whatsoever to have "total control" over my child or his schedule, sleep patterns, food intake...

I agree.  His "schedule" makes for an extremely happy, healthy child.  I'm not going to change anything.  His wake:sleep time allows for some really fun interaction, and I have no desire to fix what ain't broken.  

Oh, and he's a crappy sleeper, but I won't make a post about it.  

Tuna, mine aren't directed at you... just havin' a little fun being sassy this morning!! :) 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStefandTodd:

this is my stance...though I don't really get the "schedule or no schedule" like it's a black and white thing. We have a loose schedule, we get home around the same time, play, eat, play, eat, bathe, get ready for bed- but it's not a set in stone thing .Sometimes we go to the in-laws, sometimes we go to run some errands. I don't schedule every second of my day. Dinner: 6 pm. TV: 7-7:30. Bath: 7:35-8. I would hate life.

• Options
    imageCatahoulaMom:

My (apparent) UO:

If you take pictures of yourself glamming it up in your bathroom and post them of FB all the time, I judge you. It's the damm bathroom. If you're really going out somewhere and not just dressing up to take a pic to put it on FB, get friends to take pictures while you're out and post those.

Agreed! Also if you're not a teenager than you shouldn't be doing it at all.
  • Options
    imageshanado:
    imageCatahoulaMom:

My (apparent) UO:

Agreed! Also if you're not a teenager than you shouldn't be doing it at all.

I agree and I also don't get people posting pictures of themselves in bikinis on FB.  If you are out of college and not on spring break, why are you posting bathing suit pictures of yourself and posting them for the world to see?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKondasa:
    imagewhitney1170:

Agreed! Look how many people have smart phones and ipads etc. When we were kids my parents had to pay the mortgage and utilities- thats it! Not many people had a car payment, cable. Nobody had cell phones or internet bills.

How can the economy be so bad when we have so much more?

We're spending money on the "frills" rather than concentrating on the mortgage and bills. "I'll buy the iPad, while you pay for my house and loans that I defaulted on".

Not that everyone's situation was this way, but it's the brunt of our problem. And not that I'm not guilty of buying things I shouldn't be. But I also pay my bills. I'm going all Destiny's Child on your azz.

I just HATE that saying with a fiery passion.

• Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

I love when new people start posting BUT if you won't even bother introducing yourself, I might not bother answering your post. Especially if you have a 1-post count and the one post in question is you announcing your BFP.

Perhaps this is an UO but I really dislike the whole you have to do an introduction post idea.  Sure, I could post an introduction and lay out my whole life history but in reality, who the heck is going to remember all that? 

I could get behind people not making their first post one of announcing that they are pregnant but, at the same time, I don't like when people get all up in arms about it and start creating "rules" for the boards stating certain posts are or are not allowed.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    imageitsmevkb:

Perhaps this is an UO but I really dislike the whole you have to do an introduction post idea.  Sure, I could post an introduction and lay out my whole life history but in reality, who the heck is going to remember all that? 

I could get behind people not making their first post one of announcing that they are pregnant but, at the same time, I don't like when people get all up in arms about it and start creating "rules" for the boards stating certain posts are or are not allowed.

I've always agreed with this. It's a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD! If I wanna comment on Single Parents board and I'm married, I'll do it. What are they going to do about it? You put your crap out in public for it to be commented on, so that's what's gonna happen. People hate "lurkers" but get all pissy when one makes a comment.

• Options
    imagewhitney1170:
    imageitsmevkb:

I've always agreed with this. It's a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD! If I wanna comment on Single Parents board and I'm married, I'll do it. What are they going to do about it? You put your crap out in public for it to be commented on, so that's what's gonna happen. People hate "lurkers" but get all pissy when one makes a comment.

OHHH dont post on that single parent board they are MEAN over there!!!

UO:  People who let there kids run around and act like a brat in public places should be shot!  How hard is it to control your own child?  If we are out to eat and G starts fussing I will talk him outside and have FI get stuff boxed up and head home if we cant get him calmed down.  I hated it before I had kids and I am pretty sure no one wants to hear mine yelling and crying.  Its called RESPECT people!!  You should learn it and teach it to your child!!!!!!!!  Running around like crazy in a dr office is NOT okay.  Also leaving your kid (around 4) in the waitting room while you see the dr is NOT okay.  I am not a babysitter. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    Ok fine, public message board about babies. And yes, sleep posts are slowing down (except you Crash ::shakes fists::). I think it's just more annoying when all someone posts about is their kid sleeping. I guess the "you" was less the general board and more just people who only post about sleep.
  • Options

My DD doesn't have a schedule. 

She eats when she's hungry, sleeps when she's sleepy.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCrash Into Me:
    imageS-Tuna:

Uh oh, I just made a post about this! And I'm tired of hearing about your babies that DO sleep.  Let's call it a wash, shall we?

Well she could...but then she'd have to GBCFB :) 

• Options
    imageCobra11:
    imageCrash Into Me:
    imageS-Tuna:

Or insult each other until personal info was being spewed all over the place. ;) 

• Options
    imageCobra11:
    imageCrash Into Me:
    imageS-Tuna:

What is GBCFB!?!?!?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    imageMandiNewMommy:
    imageCobra11:
    imageCrash Into Me:
    imageS-Tuna:

What is GBCFB!?!?!?!

Goodbye Cruel Facebook. It's when you cause a sh!tstorm and then leave the group. Sometimes people do it on TB. 

• Options
    imageCrash Into Me:
    imageS-Tuna:

THIS!!! Well said! 

• Options

I figured out my UO,  I don't like the UO thread this week,  I usually like most of it but not today.

• Options
    imagecountrywed:

I figured out my UO,  I don't like the UO thread this week,  I usually like most of it but not today.

Why?  

• Options
    imageCobra11:
    imagecountrywed:

Why?  

just something with the argueing--must not be in the mood for it today

• Options

::totally busts down the door::  arguing?? huh?

Tuna, Eesome......I AM your UO!!

My kid doesn't sleep, we're trying for another baby soon, and uhhh, uhh....I forgot the rest. ;)

Oh how I wish it were FFFC time.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"