Special Needs
Options

Brag Day Wednesday!!

Here's you place to post those brags.

No matter how small they represent a lot of work(and tears) by parents, therapists, teachers and, of course, our little ones!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday!!

• Options

I counted up Nate's ASL signs the other night and he can produce over 50!!! I am pumped. February 15th when I last posted this brag he had 25.

Woot! Woot!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    Go Nate!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well how's this for a new word?

I was changing DS's diaper this morning and he grabbed his 'business' and said "peeenaaa".  He was quite proud of himself too. :-)

Well ... at least he knows what it's called! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    DD had her kindergarten readiness test last week and I found out yesterday she scored in the average range. It is awesome considering all her delays.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    imagemalcivar:

Well how's this for a new word?

I was changing DS's diaper this morning and he grabbed his 'business' and said "peeenaaa".  He was quite proud of himself too. :-)

Well ... at least he knows what it's called! 

Yeah for PEEENAAA!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options

Every night before bed I do this thing where I ask DS what is favorite part of the day was.  I tell him my favorite part of the day, then I ask him what his was.  I always initiate.

Last night as I was tucking him in HE initiated and said "mom, lets do favorite part of the day". 

• Options
    My daughter only has a few signs, but she has started putting them together.  Instead of just "more" she signs "I want more".
  • Options

Great progress on the signing and words!!

Yesterday morning I had to dress up, do my hair all up, etc because I had a big meeting. I came downstairs to get DS and when he saw me he looked away shyly and then said "Mom, you're pretty pretty." (Usually he says "You're pretty cute" because I always say he's "cute"- this was the first I've heard him say "pretty"- and I think it was in context because I was looking better than I normally do!)

• Options
    Yay Nate! My DD is still tube-less. She took 19 oz on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend a new record for oral feeds!
  • Options

DD1 caught on really quickly to our therapy objective this week, which included a lot of nonverbal back-and-forth between us. Our RDI consultant was very impressed. 

It's spring break for us, and I'm so happy that I can take her pretty much anywhere. We're having a lot of fun -- the zoo, a bounce-place, and today the local rec center pool. After the zoo on Monday, she asked me what my favorite part was. :) 

And I also want to do a quick brag on our IEP team. We finished off DD1's IEP, I'm very happy with the goals, and it was a very pleasant experience this year -- her teachers/therapists obviously know her well and want to see her succeed. I'm glad she'll be with them another year. I took our SLP/Floortime therapist along, and she said she's attended a lot of IEP meetings and that ours was indeed a good one and DD1's teachers (especially the lead SpEd teacher) are quite good.

I still feel pretty inexperienced with this, so it was nice to have confirmation from an experienced therapist that we've got a solid team and resources for DD1; otherwise it's so easy to doubt whether you've got the best situation for your child. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    Yay Nate! That's a ton of signs. My brag is that DS's right foot that has the tight band around the ankle has caught up in strength and flexibility with his unaffected left foot. He is putting weight equally on both now. It brings tears to my eyes to see him use it without pain anymore!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"