3rd Trimester

38 weeks and pain everytime baby moves!

this is baby #2 and i sware i dont remember this pain with the first! Each time the baby moves i get a shock type pain, as well as sciatic nerve pain and just general discomfort (back aches etc). I am petite (5' 3" and normally 100 lbs, 123 right now) does that have something to do with it?

i know i just gotta hang in there another 2 weeks but tell me im not alone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 38 weeks and pain everytime baby moves!

• your not! Im really feel like im dying when she moves! Im small too...5'4 and only gained 16lbs this pregnancy...I feel like my belly will bust and she just has no room and all and thats why its so much more painful! If my belly were bigger and she had more room it probably wouldnt feel like she is stabbing me when she moves.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am not petite 5'6" and this is my first pregnancy and i havnet had any sciatic issues by week 32.  I do notice that the woman I speak to who had more sciatic discomfort tend to be on the petite side and that it gets worse with each pregnancy. Hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Right there with you! I am 5'4 and I have gained about 25lbs and every time he moves.. OUCH!

The dr told me he is really long and pretty cramped in there So maybe that is why.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imageElissabraff:
    I am not petite 5'6" and this is my first pregnancy and i havnet had any sciatic issues by week 32.  I do notice that the woman I speak to who had more sciatic discomfort tend to be on the petite side and that it gets worse with each pregnancy. Hope that helps!

Yes this pregnancy with sciatic discomfort was far worse then my first!! But I also hurt my back at work and have a bulging disc..So I was not sure if that made it much worse as well! :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • thankfull im not alone, i keep telling my husband that i sware baby #2 (were team green) is trying to claw its way out! I also think this baby is a bit larger than my first 6lb, 12 oz bundle...ug

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sooo not petite.  I am 5'9 and I have gained 30lbs and this baby is killing my insides.  I have had siatica, and she is a strong kicker and her butt is in my ribs and her head on my bladder and I swear she is trying to dig her way out already.  I keep telling her its not time and she can't try to exit yet, but she isn't listening.  IT hurts like crazy and I don't remember my other children doing this.  :-(
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm only 32 weeks and I'm having pain when this baby moves, I was so concerned that I had my OB make sure my cervix was still closed yesterday. 

This is my 3rd baby, the muscles have just been stretched with the previous pregnancies so we can feel the movement more.

I can only imagine how painful this will be at 38 weeks............wow!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 37 weeks, 5 ft and only have gained 16 lbs. I am completely stuffed with baby! My back hurts and my I'm pretty sure my stomach can't stretch anymore! Even though he's finally dropped, he's still kicking me in my ribs and pushing on something on the top of my tummy that hurts so bad that it takes my breath away at times. And now that's he's dropped his head will rub on my pubic bone sometimes, which stops me in my tracks! 3 more weeks, 3 more weeks....

• I'm 5'4", I've gained around 25 lbs, and I'm 38 weeks.  It hurts so badly when my DS kicks and moves.  This is pregnancy #2 for me, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's going through this.  Sometimes, his movements actually make me nauseous, too.  What's really weird, is that he usually doesn't move around that much until late at night (11pm-12 or 1 am), so I'm awake until he slows down and goes to sleep. 

I feel your pain, ladies.  Hang in there, we'll all be holding our LO's soon!
  • YES! I am 35 weeks, LO has dropped and is moving like crazy! My back hurts, along with sciatic nerve pain. I have gained 22 pounds & I feel like my belly is going to split open at any moment. You are not alone. :) 

We are almost there! 
  • I am not petite either but feels the exact pain
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • It's completely normal, in subsequent pregnancies. First time around, your abdominal wall is really tight and supportive, as well as all of your muscle groups. Second time around, those muscles aren't as supportive and so you feel everything more. It is extremely painful, especiallh when you have a big baby. Hang in there! You will get through it.
  • i am very petite.i am 4'9...i look bigger than usual...i am 31 weeks pregnant..this baby is ripping me apart...i feel like my ribs are being bruised...i dont think i will make it to 40 weeks...
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
  • ShevenorShevenor member
    edited December 2013

Totally with you! The problem is his butt is in the same spot and when he stretches or moves, it seems to be bruising me from the inside. So ready for him to come out already! It seems like there is no more room in there for him but I'm about 38 weeks so only a few more weeks....glad that know that I'm not the only one feel this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"