Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Ladies with paraguard

Finally got my paraguard put in about a month ago. I just finished my first period with it in and omg! I had really sever cramping for 3 days. Its was also very heavy and lasted much longer than normal. Defiantly more pain and blood than I'd expected. 

I know these are all normal side effects, but I'm just wondering if it subsides at all or will my periods always be like this from now on. I know its probably different for everyone, but just wondering if anyone's periods got less.... ummm.... crappy lets say.  

Re: Ladies with paraguard

• Options
    I had my paragard put in around 8 weeks PP but due to breastfeeding, have only had 2 periods so far: one in January and one this month. The one in January was like you described, but this month it was pretty much normal. So IDK if it just takes time or if it will be different every time or what. A friend of mine had one and said her periods were much worse, but I think she only had it in for 6 months or less anyway.... I've had mine for like 8 months or whatever. I think I read and was told by my Dr, that Periods are usually worse for the first three months, so hopefully they get better for you with time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"