January 2011 Moms
Options

GTKY - Sibling Relationships

DH is working night shift, there is nothing I want to watch on television -can't do anything too noisy or it would wake Joshua up so I am killing time on TB....

How many siblings do you have?  Brothers/Sisters - Age difference

Do they live close by?

What is their family status- married, kids of their own, etc?

What is your relationship like with them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY - Sibling Relationships

• Options

How many siblings do you have?  Brothers/Sisters - Age difference- I have two younger brothers - J is 38 and 2 years younger than me - R is 34 and 6 1/2 years younger

Do they live close by?  Yes, we all three live within 30 minutes of the house we grew up in - actually J rents the apartment behind our parents house

What is their family status- married, kids of their own, etc?  R is married-  his wife is 10 years younger than me.  They do not have kids yet - but are trying - she has fertility issues so who knows how long it will take.  J is a confirmed bachelor.  He struggled with alcohol/drugs until he was in his late 20's/early 30's - but has been clean for a number of years and went back to school, etc.

What is your relationship like with them?  It is pretty good.  R & I do not see eye-to-eye on certain things - mainly him being a militant atheist and me not but we try to let that go.  J & I have always been close since we are only 2 years apart.  Even though we don't all hang out together I do have to say that if someone starts some crap with one of us they had better watch out - they get all three.  I at times have wished for a sister and had counted on my brothers to marry someone to fill that void and was kind of disappointed in R's wife because she is nice enough but I have nothing in common with her so we do not hang out together.  I have given up hope on J ever getting married. 

• Options
    How many siblings do you have?  Brothers/Sisters - Age difference
    I have 1 older sister (35, 2.5 years older than me), and 2 younger brothers (S is 28, 4 years younger, G is 25, 8 years younger).

Do they live close by?
    I live about 10 minutes from my parents. My sis bought the house behind my parents' house, S still lives with my parents, and G lives in the city (we all live in the burbs) but works for the family business which is based in the house. So - yes.

Sis is married with 3 kids (6, 4, and 18 months), S is single but I think finally really looking, G has been with his girlfriend for 2.5 years.

My sis and I are total opposites and always had a tough relationship. We had a huge fight early in my pregnancy and did not speak until after LO was born (and only 'cause forced). We tolerate each other, but don't really like each other.
    S and G and I are fairly close but since they are boys they don't think about calling just to talk and stuff like that. S is a really awesome uncle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How many siblings do you have? 

I have one sister who is about 4 years older than me.

I also have a bunch of step-siblings, but hardly ever, if ever, talk to them so I won't bother going into details.

Do they live close by?

She lives in VA and I live in GA. It's a loooooong drive, but I guess it could be worse.

She's married. They are talking about TTC within the next year.

Awesome. We used to hate each other, but once we both got out of high school we put the petty sh*t behind us and have been close ever since.

• Options
    imageCaniacMom:

DH is working night shift, there is nothing I want to watch on television -can't do anything too noisy or it would wake Joshua up so I am killing time on TB....

How many siblings do you have?  Brothers/Sisters - Age difference 2 sisters, one 3 yrs younger, one 4 yrs younger.

Do they live close by?  Yes, 20 min away from both.

What is their family status- married, kids of their own, etc? One is married with 3 kids, other is married and trying to start a family.

What is your relationship like with them? We are extremely close, we talk several times a day, and it probably makes my H insane.

• Options

How many siblings do you have? Brothers/Sisters - Age difference  I have a younger sister (technically she's a half sister) and there is a four year difference.

Do they live close by?  She lives down the road at my Moms.

What is their family status- married, kids of their own, etc?  Single.

What is your relationship like with them?  Good we don't talk everyday but we are close.

• Options

How many siblings do you have? Brothers/Sisters - Age difference  I have 1 brother, 4 sisters - brother is 14 years older, S is 13 years older, R is 12 years older, K is 1 year older, A is 1 year younger.  They are all full brother and sisters not halfs or steps.

Do they live close by?  My brother lives across the street, S is in Florida, R is about 1 hour away, K is in Vermont (about 2 hours away), A is just down the road. 

What is their family status- married, kids of their own, etc?  All are married, and have 2 or more kids, I have 8 nephews and 4 neices

What is your relationship like with them?  I have a good relationship with all of them, but they do not all get along with each other.  I work with my brother, and 1 of my sisters, I talk to another 1 of my sisters every day also. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"