Health & Exercise

First prenatal appointment???

Just found out Thursday I was pregnant. Right now I don't have insurance so I can't really make an appointment to verify that I am pregnant. And tall to a doctor about what to do and what I should be doing for the health of my baby. How important is it that I see one? Planning on maybe just paying out of pocket but was going to hold off another week or so. This is worring me a little.

Also, prenatals. Ordered some of amazon since I live in a small town that doesn't have a vitashoppe or health store any where close. How important is it that I be on these? My order should be in, in the next week or so. Tryin to eat things with more DHA and calcium so far to make up for the waiting period. What else can I do? 

image image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: First prenatal appointment???

• mb314mb314 member

A lot of doctors/midwives won't see you until your 8 - 10 weeks anyway.  There's not a whole lot they can do in the first few weeks other than confirm with a blood test, which doesn't tell you much more than peeing on a stick. 

That said, I would make sure to call/see a doctor if you have any spotting, severe cramping, or other things that seem unusual.  

Prenatal vitamins are very very important.  I was able to buy some regular ones (without DHA) at Walgreens.  You're probably okay to wait a week, but if you can find some at a pharmacy near you, I would pick up a small bottle.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You can buy prenatal vitamins (with DHA) at any grocery store, walmart, CVS, etc. It doesn't have to be a vitamin store.  I don't know how far along you are, but many OBs don't see patients until 8 weeks or so.  You can go to somewhere like Planned Parenthood for a pregnancy test if that would make you feel better.  You should really get health insurance, are you not planning on having it for your child either?
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • See we don't have a Walgreen or anything where I love. Haha very small town. Think I'll look more into getting something while I wait for my order to come on. I'm a younger mother, unplanned. But I never have had health insurance only when I was going to school and still attached to my parents. I work part time now in law enforcement, but basically work full time hours. That should be changing soon so I will be on their health care. I was just worried about it since I barely found out I was pregnant and what's to know the next steps in the process. 
    image image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"