Natural Birth
Options

Happy to have hospital support

I am newly pregnant, but plan to have a med-free labor/birth.  I will probably be hanging around here occasionally :)

I decided to go with a Certified Nurse Midwife at the hospital rather than an OB.  When I called to schedule my first appointment they took my number and had the CNM call me back personally to set the appointment and to answer any questions.

I was really nervous about having support for a med-free birth in a hospital, but after talking to the CNM, I was so relieved.  She told me she is very supportive of natural birth and a majority of the births she attends are med-free.  At my appointments she will be helping me prepare to have the right mindset for a med-free birth.  I am so happy to have this support.

I know I have a long time to go before birth, so hopefully everything goes smoothly until then :)

Re: Happy to have hospital support

• Options
    That's great that you found a supportive provider. I think that's half the battle right there! I wish I had made a better decision my first time.  Congratulations on your pregnancy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    Congrats on your BFP and for finding someone who will support your birth plans :) H&H pregnancy to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great!  Congratulations and a Happy & Healthy 9 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"